Epic Floods Caused By Record Rainfall

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
AS mentioned in another thread, my wife's oldest son lost his house and 90% of their belongings. They were able to get out with the two grandkids and make their way to Tagaytay where the rest of the immediate family lives. So they are safe with their grandparents for now.... Sheeesh!!! We just built that house for them 3 years ago as a wedding present.
I am very sorry to hear that, at least they are safe and at least they have had the good fortune to have owned a house, even if briefly. You are a good person to have given such a gift. :541:

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Any update on your wife? I hope she and her family are OK? Anyone else have updates on their families or friends? We still have not heard from ours and I think the power and cell serives should be back on in most places by now??? There seems to be more and more disasters nowadays and it seems another storm may be heading their way, maybe it will not be a bad one and the rains will just wash off some of that mud for them.
She's fine. She arrived back in Baguio on Tuesday night. There was water in the streets of her neighborhood but their house did not flood. They did not suffer directly from the floods other than being inconvenienced with power outages and a tough time travelling. They were low on drinking water but were able to get more before the floods got really bad. Some of her friends and more distant relatives were impacted more severely. Several of them had to take refuge on the roof of their homes, but nobody's home was washed away. The waters have receded and we're hoping the coming storm doesn't cause a new flood for them. I am concerned about disease breaking out though. I'm more worried about that then I am the actual flooding. She travels to Manila every 2-3 weeks but maybe next time we'll have her family come stay with us for a while instead.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am very sorry to hear that, at least they are safe and at least they have had the good fortune to have owned a house, even if briefly. You are a good person to have given such a gift. :541:
I can't take credit for being a good person. It was my wife who paid for the house which I was against. This is the son of hers that couldn't hack it here in the states....had a major additude problem, was a thief, joined the Army, then 18 months later deserted and returned to the PI to live and expects us to send him money everytime he thinks of a new scam. Example....A couple days ago, called and because he was sick and lost his job because he couldn't go to work, and now lost his house, he wanted us to buy him a new trike, so he could drive a trike for a living...hehehe, we been down that road with other relatives, after not taking care of it for a year, they sold it, then want us to replace it....He needs to be more original, of course, with me, won't do any good. I do feel sorry for the two grandkids though, but will not let them be a guilt trip on me to provide for them. Edited by Boss Man
fixed quote tags