Is the gamble of living in the Philippines worth the rewards?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Just one question, do you have to report regularly to Immigration there?  Here in Thailand, it is every 90 days.

2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ron, I answered this as Queenie was unsure, it depends on your Visa. 9a every 60 days or 6 months if that is what you choose (LSTV]  long Stay tourist Visa) on a 13a Once per Year then a new ACR card every 5 years.

No sure about the SSRV but I guess some may know this.

Jack :smile:

Morning All :photo-109:

SRRV has a separate reporting organization but is similar to 13a reporting at the BI. Also the annual fee differs depending on which version SRRV is held.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Miss Queenie,

Hmm.....sounds like you need a vacation!  How about jumping on a Love Boat cruise and immerse yourself with opulence.  Get a facial in Singapore, shopping extravaganza in Hong Kong and a full body massage in Shanghai while sipping champagne.  And then go back to Hong Kong and get a full body tattoo, like one of those US sailors......he, he.  

We all understand the daily discomforts of living in PI, especially at this time of year where it's hot and muggy and one more mosquito bite will make you pull your hair out.  Or one more heavy boom-boom from your neighbor's 5,000 watts stereo system at 2 o'clock in the morning.  Perhaps, one or more of your beautiful babies (flowers) is not responding to your voice and just died on you.  

You're the first person I have ever known to be one of those adventurous Peace Corp volunteers living among the isolated barrios, sharing your love and devotion to instill some peace and prosperity among the people you love.  I would love to meet you and your husband one day.

Heck, I would even break out my New England accent just to make you laugh.  I wish that I could send a fresh Maine Lobster saturated in butter and lemon juice and a nice bowl of New England clam chowder.  And bring the Autumn colors of Rhode Island or the fresh breeze off Narragansett Bay.  

I am so proud of you gurl!  Respectfully Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

because it's more challenging living here on the average

I agree with you on that.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

Hello Miss Queenie,

Hmm.....sounds like you need a vacation!  How about jumping on a Love Boat cruise and immerse yourself with opulence.  Get a facial in Singapore, shopping extravaganza in Hong Kong and a full body massage in Shanghai while sipping champagne.  And then go back to Hong Kong and get a full body tattoo, like one of those US sailors......he, he.  

We all understand the daily discomforts of living in PI, especially at this time of year where it's hot and muggy and one more mosquito bite will make you pull your hair out.  Or one more heavy boom-boom from your neighbor's 5,000 watts stereo system at 2 o'clock in the morning.  Perhaps, one or more of your beautiful babies (flowers) is not responding to your voice and just died on you.  

You're the first person I have ever known to be one of those adventurous Peace Corp volunteers living among the isolated barrios, sharing your love and devotion to instill some peace and prosperity among the people you love.  I would love to meet you and your husband one day.

Heck, I would even break out my New England accent just to make you laugh.  I wish that I could send a fresh Maine Lobster saturated in butter and lemon juice and a nice bowl of New England clam chowder.  And bring the Autumn colors of Rhode Island or the fresh breeze off Narragansett Bay.  

I am so proud of you gurl!  Respectfully Jake

Jake your smooth talking has got me wanting to get on that boat too.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Same when I am in Australia.  Getting on the plane is at Gold Coast to Singapore is good.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

You are so sweet Jake, and you know me so well! Your dream for me sounds wonderful-- if only I could! Maybe NotsooldChinaHand could use a traveling companion I'm pondering... I Do try to indulge myself as often as I can at the parlour owned by a Korean woman that I love in the city. They treat me like a queen there.  I have tattoos already, but just small bees including Jollibee. I'd love more! I do find the intense heat of May unsettling too. Thanks to Off! I'm avoiding as many mosquitoes as possible It was almost 100 degrees yesterday, with who knows what humidity! June is almost upon us, and I'm dreading the noisiest and longest lasting Fiesta of the year in the next door away sityo. 

Actually, the latest scenario that impacts my beloved garden, involves a municipal worker, that for the second time has let the oil burn out on the town water tank engine. It's now day and night five without any water for the town. Luckily we have a water tank and enough barrels to whether the situation, I'm a little worried about my garden. Pots and orchids have been watered, but still no rain in sight, I'm not sure how long this situation will last, Neighbors when asked any news about it, just shrug as they schlepp off to buy jugs and buckets full of water from the few townspeople that own deep wells for drinking, cooking and bathing. Of course for us it's not that big a deal, but for others here, it has been a bigger hardship. Oddly enough, this man who has been maintaining the municipal water tank (or not!) also owns one of those deep wells. So far there have been no residents carrying flaming torches at night storming his house or the Mayor's to demand an explanation, but let's just say he's not a popular guy.

My sister tells me that it has been raining a lot in Rhode Island and they're predicting a cool Summer. Here in Cebu province, I guess we'll just ride this one out, and hope for a downpour tonight. I wish I could convert some of this sea water!

Thanks for the love and encouragement Jake! Hope to meet you in in person one fine day too! You're a doll!  :mocking:  

Queenieor1b0-1467906535-4826-list_items-gilligan_haleshower.gif

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Woohoo!!! The water just came up!!  My husband is out with a flashlight watering my thirsty garden, and I'll get out there as usual early in the morning!  Problem solved!!

Happiness rules the night!

:thumbsup:  Try telling Mr Bows this is the sort of happiness we are talking about, NOT the sort he thinks he can Buy :smile:

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

You are so sweet Jake, and you know me so well! Your dream for me sounds wonderful-- if only I could! Maybe NotsooldChinaHand could use a traveling companion I'm pondering... I Do try to indulge myself as often as I can at the parlour owned by a Korean woman that I love in the city. They treat me like a queen there.  I have tattoos already, but just small bees including Jollibee. I'd love more! I do find the intense heat of May unsettling too. Thanks to Off! I'm avoiding as many mosquitoes as possible It was almost 100 degrees yesterday, with who knows what humidity! June is almost upon us, and I'm dreading the noisiest and longest lasting Fiesta of the year in the next door away sityo. 

Actually, the latest scenario that impacts my beloved garden, involves a municipal worker, that for the second time has let the oil burn out on the town water tank engine. It's now day and night five without any water for the town. Luckily we have a water tank and enough barrels to whether the situation, I'm a little worried about my garden. Pots and orchids have been watered, but still no rain in sight, I'm not sure how long this situation will last, Neighbors when asked any news about it, just shrug as they schlepp off to buy jugs and buckets full of water from the few townspeople that own deep wells for drinking, cooking and bathing. Of course for us it's not that big a deal, but for others here, it has been a bigger hardship. Oddly enough, this man who has been maintaining the municipal water tank (or not!) also owns one of those deep wells. So far there have been no residents carrying flaming torches at night storming his house or the Mayor's to demand an explanation, but let's just say he's not a popular guy.

My sister tells me that it has been raining a lot in Rhode Island and they're predicting a cool Summer. Here in Cebu province, I guess we'll just ride this one out, and hope for a downpour tonight. I wish I could convert some of this sea water!

Thanks for the love and encouragement Jake! Hope to meet you in in person one fine day too! You're a doll!  :mocking:  

Queenieor1b0-1467906535-4826-list_items-gilligan_haleshower.gif

Wow, still waiting for summer down here, had about 20 days without rain since this time last year. The last rain free was for two days before Easter, then Good Friday the thunderstorms started again!