ECC new requirements

i am bob
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Fake news alert.

@AlwaysRt Tell him bro

Not sure what you're getting at, Dave...  But us tourist class Must go to BI for our ECC-A...  ECC-B can do so at the airport...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, i am bob said:

Not sure what you're getting at, Dave

Been covered so many times I saved the screen shot of my chat with BI

BI 6month.jpg

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, i am bob said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the difference between an ECC-A and an ECC-B...  Lol!  ECC-A is for us tourists and is presently p700...  ECC-B is for the rest of you...  (And costs more, I believe...). Those of us here as tourists?  Don't try to get your ECC at the airport...  Not gonna happen...

Bob, if you stay more than one year on a tourist visa you would be correct.

That said, I have gotten the ECC at the airport, AlwaysRT informed me he got his at the airport. Less than 6 months, on tourist visa, you don't need an ECC, more than 6 months but less than one year, that would be mine and AlwaysRT's situation you can get it at the airport as long as you have the ECC# that your local immigration office should have given you. Dumaguete stapled mine in my passport. It really is a thing.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, i am bob said:

Not sure what you're getting at, Dave...  But us tourist class Must go to BI for our ECC-A...  ECC-B can do so at the airport...

As I have said many times, both in the thread I asked the question and responding to many others, I was here on a Tourist Visa for 11 months when I left in December 2016. Took me a few minutes and a few hundred pesos to get my ECC at NAIA. This is actually something that I did myself personally, not I thought I heard someone somewhere say something that sounded like you probably had to do something a certain way.

0-6 months no ECC, 6-12 months ECC available at airport or full BI office (like Manila or Cebu but there are others - Dumaguete is NOT a full office), 12+ months ECC must be obtained from a full office only.

• Like 3

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

As I have said many times, both in the thread I asked the question and responding to many others, I was here on a Tourist Visa for 11 months when I left in December 2016. Took me a few minutes and a few hundred pesos to get my ECC at NAIA. This is actually something that I did myself personally, not I thought I heard someone somewhere say something that sounded like you probably had to do something a certain way.

0-6 months no ECC, 6-12 months ECC available at airport or full BI office (like Manila or Cebu but there are others - Dumaguete is NOT a full office), 12+ months ECC must be obtained from a full office only.

it costed you less than an ECC i did at another office (not airport, not Cebu not Manila) where they always extract you extra money. i don't want to shame and name the office here to avoid backlash lol but the people who deal with that office know. on all visas they always get minimum 300 pesos more to thousands more and no receipt for that ....once i even pointed that extra money was not in receipt and the officer told me by denying the fact saying "No its all there" ...well i know I could have started an argument but is it worth it?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, che ti frega said:

it costed you less than an ECC i did at another office (not airport, not Cebu not Manila) where they always extract you extra money. i don't want to shame and name the office here to avoid backlash lol but the people who deal with that office know. on all visas they always get minimum 300 pesos more to thousands more and no receipt for that ....once i even pointed that extra money was not in receipt and the officer told me by denying the fact saying "No its all there" ...well i know I could have started an argument but is it worth it?

Yes, I was surprised how quick an inexpensive it was. Barely longer than a normal clearing immigration check and that only because of the extra step of the fee transaction. I can't remember how much it was but do remember being surprised. Could have been as low as p200, certainly no more than p500. I was expecting p800+.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I have been here 24 months and can obtain ECC from General Santos which is a Field Office.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I have been here 24 months and can obtain ECC from General Santos which is a Field Office.

Strange, but not super surprising as every rule here seems to have an exception somewhere. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Strange, but not super surprising as every rule here seems to have an exception somewhere. 

I think the only thing consistent in the Philippines is inconsistencies. In every major dealing I've had with government offices nothing has been as described on the official website. I've even had individuals arguing that it's impossible to get X and 15 minutes later I'm walking out with it.

I think the secret is to go in optimistic carrying every bit of documentation you can, but leave at least one week extra before you need it just in case you get someone that knows what they're doing. 

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the only thing consistent in the Philippines is inconsistencies. In every major dealing I've had with government offices nothing has been as described on the official website. I've even had individuals arguing that it's impossible to get X and 15 minutes later I'm walking out with it.

I think the secret is to go in optimistic carrying every bit of documentation you can, but leave at least one week extra before you need it just in case you get someone that knows what they're doing. 

Yup, very much the 'It's my way or the highway' rules/laws are seen as suggestions for local offices and officials then decide what they want to do.