So, what are your sports interests, games and/or hobbies?

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 29/06/2017 at 7:28 AM, Gratefuled said:

What about you?

I’m not too much into professional sports.  Never was.  When I was younger I’d rather play than watch even though I was not very good at most sports.  Now I enjoy watching when my daughter plays soccer.  Recently started playing hide and seek with the little white ball. I enjoy my morning and evening walks when we are not too busy.  Also  I am a “tinker”  I really enjoy repairing and building most anything.  But my true hobbies are woodworking, R/C scale model ships which are mostly scratch built, and machining.  I brought along a small metal lathe and milling machine and a lot of tools.  Also still do much reading.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I walk to the bar! :smile:

And stagger back.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mr-T said:

With me i love almost all type of physical sports. As a child and young teen i played cricket. I also did a lot of swimming and at one time even competed in a two mile ocean swimming race. I did a lot of free diving and spear fishing. Took up cycling in 1964 and competed in the British empire commonwealth games in 1966. Rode the ten mile track race and the 120 miles road race. Fell and broke my wrist in the road race. I continued to race bikes up until i reached age 70. Now i only ride for fitness and pleasure. I like to watch basket ball, boxing, track and field, horse racing, soccer and just about anything physical. Living here in the province i can ride more safely on the road, not as crowded like the city.

Consider myself fortunate to be able to do the things i love to do. 

I'm expective to bring my carbon road bike to the Phils when we retire in 2 years. I've got my Scott mountain bike chained up in the bedroom right now, hopefully should be using it this coming March.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

My dumb phone just woke me with a spam text in Chinese, it's 4 am here. My dumb fault for leaving it switched on. :bonk:

Maybe she was cute?

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I like cycling and walking for exercise and a bit of gardening. I read a fair amount and I do enjoy cooking so I try new recipes often. I love music and can spend hours DJing, which is probably my main hobby. For games, I play cribbage, pool and pinball on my tablet. The sports I like to watch, rugby and cricket, are not available to me here. I also like boxing so will be watching the big fight on Sunday.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 6/30/2017 at 5:33 AM, jpbago said:

It is an online betting website that I use, HPI. I can bet on the Aussie races but cannot watch them but I can bet and watch all of the others. It is OK now as I use mainly Hong Kong. Very well organized.

Yes, but I am lost when it comes to the form.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have just discovered that I am getting athletes foot again does that count as a sport.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I had hobbies. Nice boat, nice gun collection (still have it but would actually use it), off road vehicle jacked up with big swamp tires, and lots of fishing rods. Both Florida interior and coastline were mine.

Evenings spent discussing politics with other hopeless utopians.

Then I had a kid and I decided that weekends were best spent cherishing the short time you have while they grow. Not much in the way of having hobbies. My friend list shrank.

Those kids are getting bigger, so I started to think maybe hobbies are in the cards again.

But I've just learned that there's a little half Filipino, half Cuban, raised in America (what a world), kid in the works....so maybe no more hobbies anytime soon.

O, what a tangled web we weave when we practice to conceive.

At least you are getting your bait back.:thumbsup:

• Like 1