Cooking issues that maybe there is a solution to ?

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted (edited)
On August 24, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Since I am from Texas - that is the salsa verde I know.  I have not had an Italian version of it. I miss my Tex-Mex!

Yup 😕  CHEVY'S !!!

image.jpeg

Edited by bang4dabuck

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2017 at 7:32 PM, Jack Peterson said:

IF and I mean IF I could find the Kitchen I would COOK  But:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

It`s where the fridge is mate.

• I'm Confused 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bang4dabuck said:

The coffee is entirely harvested and processed in the Philippines so IMO I should be able to get 1/2 kilo of coffee of Bo's quality in the supermarket for 400 php, just as fresh and full of arabica. They price it as if it's imported considering the quality.

The locals drink baraco with lots of sugar and milk. The good stuff is for the foreigners.

I had a cup of kalinga at the Little Farmer SM. It was good so I bought 1/2 kg. I used the same V45 filter drip as they did but the coffee was not the same. It was tasteless. I think they gave me something else. I drink coffee black, no sugar, no cream/milk.

They are trying to get coffee farms in Negros but I think that will be mostly flatland robusta. Maybe some arabica around Mt Canlaon but most of the land there is preserve.

The 7/11 coffee is quite good. The machine grinds the beans and brews each cup fresh one at a time.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I don't have a coffee grinder so have to buy the ready ground. I have bought from Bo's sometimes but I usually get Brillo brand from the supermarket, the best I've had from a store. There isn't much choice for coffee to purchase down here. However, there are more and more coffee shops opening so I will check some out to see if they sell product like Bo's do.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, bang4dabuck said:

The coffee is entirely harvested and processed in the Philippines so IMO I should be able to get 1/2 kilo of coffee of Bo's quality in the supermarket for 400 php, just as fresh and full of arabica. They price it as if it's imported considering the quality.

When I lived in Baguio I could get locally grown/roasted beans at SM for 112 pesos per half kilo.

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted

I actually was in a supermarket recently, right now can't remember which, they had several coffee bean bins so several types and a grinder just like every supermarket in the US has. I think it was Rustans, unfortunately very hard to travel to these days plus they are priced to perfection but I'm sure far from it when it comes to coffee. One of my gripes about this place, they like to sell old stuff at a fresh price. Sometimes it works out for me, like cheeses and butter when they are near their expiration date and they are dumping at 2 for 1. As a matter of fact bought 3 sets of Philadelphia spreadable cream cheese for my smoked Bangus on baguette sandwiches. Also S&R sells a kilo of Norwegian smoked salmon for a little over 900 php 😘

Oh yeah, found a good Doritos nacho chip copy, OISHI PANCHOS NACHO. Still a bunch of broken chips as usual but cheap too.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bang4dabuck said:

they had several coffee bean bins so several types and a grinder just like every supermarket in the US has

My supermarket used to have that too but they took the grinder out as too many people were putting their marijuana thru it leaving an aftertaste that was difficult to clean.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

When I lived in Baguio I could get locally grown/roasted beans at SM for 112 pesos per half kilo.

Yeah, too bad I live in Cebu. On my short stay, I do remember seeing that at the SM there but still how old is that stuff ? Not too much food quality control here. Good Taste cafe good and cheap.Hotel Veniz I thought was an excellent deal with great location right next to the Harrison Street night market. My gf was checking the apparel while I was checking the other merchandise. A lot of traffic but at least controlled not like this place which is anarchy.

Edited by bang4dabuck

bang4dabuck
Posted
Posted (edited)

Made some good lamb stew gratis Shopwise, Australian lamb shoulder chops 2 kg for 560 php. I did it western style with potatoes, carrots, peas and you know I love eggplant. Olive oil, garlic, red onion, oregano, sweet basil, holy basil, rosemary, bay leaf and red wine. Ate with rice. I cooked the lamb a little too long and it just fell apart too easy, guess so used to the beef here LOL. I did not thicken it up with a roux. I still haven't made that chili yet but I better before there is no guacamole around. 

*** Forgot the long string beans and espada peppers de-veined and seeded for the lamb stew.

Edited by bang4dabuck

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I dry my own herbs in the sun then just crunch them up and put them into containers.

• Like 1