Barcelona

Jollygoodfellow
Message added by Jollygoodfellow

This topic is being watched. Read the rules. 

Benington
Posted
Posted

Terror groups work through fear and intimidation on people in the community. But terrorist cells are becoming old school as direct communication can now be easily made with young people there to pick up a kitchen knife and try and stab some soldiers at a checkpoint. That's the commonest type of incident today.

No amount of family supervision can stop that.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Benington said:

try and stab some soldiers at a checkpoint. That's the commonest type of incident today.

Yes I agree  but driving a van at tourists seems to be getting popular among these people Someone somewhere owned these vans and other vehicles used in some recent events so I question  Family and Friends supervision 

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Benington said:

Terror groups work through fear and intimidation on people in the community. But terrorist cells are becoming old school as direct communication can now be easily made with young people there to pick up a kitchen knife and try and stab some soldiers at a checkpoint. That's the commonest type of incident today.

Sure it can, you stop them from getting involved in the first place. If despite all you do, they get involved anyway? Turn them in for their own good, your own good and the good of society at large. If he/she wants to go off and fight soldiers in a war, I wouldn't stop them but if they want to blow up/ run over little girls I would turn in my own son/daughter/ brother, nephew, niece or cousin. That is what decent people would do.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

Sure it can, you stop them from getting involved in the first place. If despite all you do, they get involved anyway? Turn them in for their own good, your own good and the good of society at large. If he/she wants to go off and fight soldiers in a war, I wouldn't stop them but if they want to blow up/ run over little girls I would turn in my own son/daughter/ brother, nephew, niece or cousin. That is what decent people would do.

It doesn't stand up, we often talk about the different mindset in the Philippines. In your american mindset you would dob them in but would you with a ME mindset. A muslim woman was on the radio a couple of days ago explaining that muslims are not affraid of death because they will just go onto another plain of existance, how do you fight that.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes I agree  but driving a van at tourists seems to be getting popular among these people Someone somewhere owned these vans and other vehicles used in some recent events so I question  Family and Friends supervision 

Many of them have been rented. I wonder if they're looking at bringing in some sort of checks on van and truck rental?

robert k
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It doesn't stand up, we often talk about the different mindset in the Philippines. In your american mindset you would dob them in but would you with a ME mindset. A muslim woman was on the radio a couple of days ago explaining that muslims are not affraid of death because they will just go onto another plain of existance, how do you fight that.

I said decent people would do it. Do you excuse them for blowing up little girls because it's their "mindset"?:89:

How do you fight that? The terrorist's own countries should be made afraid to let anyone out that they aren't absolutely certain isn't a terrorist. As it is, I think they are glad to be rid of them even IF they are not complicit in their actions.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, robert k said:

I said decent people would do it. Do you excuse them for blowing up little girls because it's their "mindset"?:89:

How do you fight that? The terrorist's own countries should be made afraid to let anyone out that they aren't absolutely certain isn't a terrorist. As it is, I think they are glad to be rid of them even IF they are not complicit in their actions.

I agree with this as it seems that all the refugees are young men I don`t see many women coming with them.I personally would stop anymore coming and any ship or charity that helps them get into Europe should be responsible for them after.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted

The predominance of young men not at all surprising given the difficult journeys and that the countries they come from are still at the stage where it's mainly men who work.

Charities? Networks of people smugglers!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, robert k said:

See you are doing exactly the same with your western head on. They don't care. With these people it's religion first, family second, tribe third and country fourth. Why should their countries stop then, they support them. Muslims beleive the Koran was writen by god and moderation is not possible because you can't change the word of god. It is what it is and always will be, they even kill so called moderate Muslims because they considder that they have strayed from the word of god.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

A few good posts and has been highlighted here it's no good viewing things with a Western head. Their mind set has been imprinted into them for centuries and very little will change it. Regardless what you do or say to them they will turn it around to Allah made you think that way for a reason. Unlike the Christian bible which has been changed for the modern World their Quran is still in it's original format. A few slight differences in translation depending on what sect of Muslim they are but only minimal. 

They believe death is part of their religion and how you die will make your entrance in to heaven all the more smoother. They prey on the poor and uneducated. In some areas they pay families for one of their children to act as suicide bombers. Much like some families in the Philippines who send their daughters off for a life of prostitution to feed the family. They convince the families it's Allah's wish and a sign of respect to the family and Allah if they give up one of their own. The added bonus of a bounty makes it all the easier. If that doesn't work they'll kill or rape family members in front of others until they get a volunteer.

We're talking people who think it's OK to kill babies and cut them open before stuffing them with explosives and leaving them at the side of the road as an improvised explosive device.

We've even got a leader of a political party in the UK who thinks the solution is to sit down, drink tea with ISIS and talk the differences over. This is how far separated some peoples thinking is from the real World.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1