Are Filipinos Racists?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Respectfully said;

Most US history books will contain many examples of racism in America. 

Racism is not endemic today in America, simple fact.

Are you asking "is there racism in America?" the answer would be yes there is not nearly the scale as in the past or as much as some "leaders" and so called news networks would have us think. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Respectfully said;

Most US history books will contain many examples of racism in America. 

Racism is not endemic today in America, simple fact.

Are you asking "is there racism in America?" the answer would be yes there is not nearly the scale as in the past or as much as some "leaders" and so called news networks would have us think. 

Your opinion without examples is just an opinion. Your answer is vague.

• Love it 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Filipinos are not racist they're just xenophobic.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Your opinion without examples is just an opinion. Your answer is vague.

I agree with you completely. :tiphat:

• Haha 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, DavidK said:

Filipinos are not racist they're just xenophobic.

Maybe some are but I doubt if the majority are. Perhaps they are fearful that Anglos might take their best women. So, maybe just a few are insecure in that respect. What else is there to be fearful of? Maybe fearful that Chinese will take over the Philippines? I don't think China wants the Philippines. Perhaps Muslims want more territory, that might be somewhat of a concern. It is not really a "phobia" towards non-Filipinos. It is just insecurity among a few. 

With that said, I have never, not once felt any animosity here and I have great neighbors and a beautiful wife. Sorry about that but they understand that  I am not a threat. 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

Historically racism in America was endemic. Not so today.

Just look at the stand up comedians. 50s and 60s it was acceptable for white comedians to make jokes about blacks, asians and latinos. Nowadays it's a complete 180 degree turn and all hell breaks loose if any of these people are offended. 

The black, asian, and latino comedians can now make any jokes they want about whites and no one complains about it.

It's a trend that's worrisome.

• Like 1

Alexander
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

50s and 60s it was acceptable for white comedians to make jokes about blacks, asians and latinos.

In Russia that's still acceptable, by the way. Nobody cares...

2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Maybe fearful that Chinese will take over the Philippines?

I've observed the same in Thailand, a lot of thai people look up down to chineses, despite the fact that many of them have chinese roots. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Just look at the stand up comedians. 50s and 60s it was acceptable for white comedians to make jokes about blacks, asians and latinos. Nowadays it's a complete 180 degree turn and all hell breaks loose if any of these people are offended. 

The black, asian, and latino comedians can now make any jokes they want about whites and no one complains about it.

It's a trend that's worrisome.

Some people just have thin skin and are easily offended. Usually, it's the one telling the ethnic joke. One has to be politically correct or they might offend someone with thin skin. 

Then, there are this who just show their ignorance. I don't laugh at ethnic jokes no matter if its directed towards a Caucasian, African-American, or just anyone. 

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Alexander said:

In Russia that's still acceptable, by the way. Nobody cares...

I've observed the same in Thailand, a lot of thai people look up down to chineses, despite the fact that many of them have chinese roots. 

Warped sense of humor in Russia. 

I think many are just envious of Chinese and their success. Probably why so many do not like Jews. 

So, it's really not all that bad here in the Philippines if one compares the attitude of the people towards foreigners. 

• Sad 1

Alexander
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Warped sense of humor in Russia. 

Yes, exactly, if talking about 95% of people there. The more stupid joke/show is, the more popular it will be. But if you'll post an "insulting" joke about government somewhere, you'll probably will be arrested for 6-7 years, thanks to mr. Putler Putin.

3 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I think many are just envious of Chinese and their success. Probably why so many do not like Jews. 

This seems to be possible. 

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic