Advice for a new expat in the Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mick said:

Hi, normally yes, but as I have a house in Phil it's more for convenience as I'm looking after the Asia area and they are saving the costs they incur for me here in Dubai, so they are just taking it as my home country  so dont really want to rock the boat, so better I get on with it my self and keep quite 

Sorry Mick,  I made an assumptions now understand better and will respect your privacy.

Edited by Old55

Gary D
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: You Own or

Sounds like he already is as he has a House But:571c66d400c8c_1(103): are we only getting 1/2 a story

Mick is talking about staying on a tourist visa, I'm just suggesting that if her goes for a 13a all his problems will go away.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Mick is talking about staying on a tourist visa, I'm just suggesting that if her goes for a 13a all his problems will go away.

Mick also says he is working here so he needs a 9g + Gary please tell us / explain how he has a house on a 9a sorry mate but asking for advice when all is not clear, personally I do not see his problem if he is on a Work Visa or am I missing something although I think not, to me if all was Ok he would know the score on most of the things he asks advice about

Sorry Mick But:huh:

.Mick

• Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Mick also says he is working here so he needs a 9g + Gary please tell us / explain how he has a house on a 9a sorry mate but asking for advice when all is not clear, personally I do not see his problem if he is on a Work Visa or am I missing something although I think not, to me if all was Ok he would know the score on most of the things he asks advice about

Sorry Mick But:huh:

.Mick

A 13a would allow him to stay perminantly, get a bank account, get a drivers license, work.....

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

A 13a would allow him to stay perminantly, get a bank account, get a drivers license, work.....

Quite right but Gary I am convinced we are not getting the full picture and as  you may appreciate ,if we as a Group want to help, those asking should be absolutely open about things .Not as is being suggested flying under the radar :wink:

16 minutes ago, Old55 said:

so dont really want to rock the boat, so better I get on with it my self and keep quite 

Sorry Old this what Mick said not you but it is there for us to read in his post

18 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Sorry Mick,  I made an assumptions now understand better and will respect your privacy.

Yes agreed but :571c66d400c8c_1(103): the can was opened :whistling:

• Haha 2
  • I'm Confused 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Hi, there s no 1/2 story, yes we have a house but in my Gf name, as we dont plan to wed until April or May.

I work for an american company, but British, looking after the middle east, but will now take over Asia so will be based in manila due to the GF, our house and easy to go to all Asian countries, as we have a large client in the Philippines, so i can keep them on side while there.

On the issue with the car, can you lease one there for say 3 months at a time as an expat, before im wed?

Mick
Posted
Posted

i was also talking about keeping things quite from company, so as not to rock the boat asking for too much, with work these days, better to get on with it, and not bring too many problems up with the boss.....;-) as this move is what i have been after for a while, although its come a year early than i would have liked, so dont want to complicate things with work, and sort the issues myself with out involving them as i dont want them to start thinking its too complicated

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

just reading the messages backwards, not trying to fly under the radar, just dont want to complicate things with my company, thats why im here trying to get advice to do it myself and not involve my company, trust me with my boss its better this way, if he sees things starting to look hard, he will change his mind on my move

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Mick said:

On the issue with the car, can you lease one there for say 3 months at a time as an expat, before im wed?

I'm pretty sure you can lease or rent but probably costly. 

I think what a couple have pointed out is your visa situation. Working on a tourist visa is risky. 

Mick
Posted
Posted

i wont be really working, i will just maybe have a few meetings while im there with our client, most work will be in the rest of Asia, so im hoping this is OK

• Like 1