Our(well her) new house

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Julia said:

I guess the location matters alot.

Yes it does and it will be even more desirable in 5 years time when Dumaguete expands.It is an area where expats like to live as it is quiet but within easy reach of the amenities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Unfurnished houses or apartments in Philippines are almost always rented without aircon and hot water heater.  Those are supplied by the tenant.  In rare cases where I or a friend have left them behind to benefit the next tenant, the landlord usually removes them for sale or personal use or to give to a poor relative.  Most unfurnished houses do not even include the lightbulbs and I got in the habit of taking my lightbulbs with me when I moved.

Well they will have water heaters in the bathrooms and proper kitchen cabinets.Oh and light bulbs.The lounge area will have 52 inch fan lights and as it is cooler up there it may not need aircon.If the tenant wants ac then they will have to buy as I don`t want me or my wife to be responsible for too many things.The sinks in the kitchen will have draining boards which I don`t see very often here.Oh and by the way we are installing bum guns.

Edited by sonjack2847
Added a word
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2018 at 1:43 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

How much do you expect from the rentals?.What percentage of occupancy? by unfinished does this mean no air or hot water?

Gerald some of the terms you are using like efficiencies are not familiar to me haha can you write multi lingual.Cheers mate.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2018 at 8:40 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

It also gives the workers a place to pee. :hystery:

When I hired a guy to do some remodel work for me I discovered he was "very professional".  I say that because when he had to pee, he would go over to the neighbor's side of the fence. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

When I hired a guy to do some remodel work for me I discovered he was "very professional".  I say that because when he had to pee, he would go over to the neighbor's side of the fence. :whistling:

Helps to keep the flies away as well.

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes it does and it will be even more desirable in 5 years time when Dumaguete expands.It is an area where expats like to live as it is quiet but within easy reach of the amenities.

That Kev is an understatement, Valencia and to a slightly lesser degree Dumaguete are expanding now at a super fast rate.

Perhaps this is more noticeable to me as I visit every few months. Believe me its a very wise investment providing you get the construction right, meaning hands on.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, RBM said:

Valencia and to a slightly lesser degree Dumaguete are expanding now at a super fast rate.

I noticed the same thing in Moalboal yesterday.  The touristy part is growing at a super fast rate and the prices are going up.

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, RBM said:

That Kev is an understatement, Valencia and to a slightly lesser degree Dumaguete are expanding now at a super fast rate.

Perhaps this is more noticeable to me as I visit every few months. Believe me its a very wise investment providing you get the construction right, meaning hands on.

Yeah, correct. Even the prices for real estate are exploding in many areas in the Philippines. Areas like Valencia, Davao and more, which were cheap until few years ago are suddenly becoming very expensive. Fortunately there are still areas with decent prices available.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 4/1/2018 at 7:04 PM, JJReyes said:

From the photographs, I could see that the perimeter wall is already finished.  This is a good idea in the Philippines.  It helps prevent building materials from disappearing. 

Thanks for that insight. I will keep that in mind for my own project.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
On 4/1/2018 at 9:35 PM, sonjack2847 said:

The whole project was priced at 15k per sqm.The land was 900k and the perimeter wall was 340k.Each rental will be unfurnished and the area is 50 sqm. The house will be 117sqm with a patio of around 23sqm.All in all the project will cost around 6.3 Million.There will be extras but we have agreed that they will be at a day rate instead of a contractors rate.The local transport is within 100m and that is the main Valencia highway which is quite good to get a trike or a jeepnie,so the short ones can get about.

Good price on the land. I just paid php 2m for 711 SM. It already has 2 houses on it but they are going to be taken down for new const. The front is the highway and the back is the beach.

Your post gives me some sort of handle on construction costs (of which I don't know too much in the Ph). Does that work out to php 5m for the house and the rentals...or about 23,000 php per SM (217 SM for house and rental units)?

Thanks