Our(well her) new house

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

One problem I did come across is that the temperature in the shower was scolding hot even when I cut the power.I found that the water coming into the house was red hot.This was before the main water pipe was buried it was part done but not all the way,now the shower works as it should.

• Like 5

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

@bastonjockIt may be more in the hills as the transport costs may be higher and workers have to travel further.

Aparently the way to reduce transport costs is to have the guys build a shelter and deliver the materials yourself ,due to the location of the lot  ,im going to buy a little 4x4 suzuki pick up 

The guy's stay on the lot whilst doing any building work 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Aparently the way to reduce transport costs is to have the guys build a shelter and deliver the materials yourself ,due to the location of the lot  ,im going to buy a little 4x4 suzuki pick up 

The guy's stay on the lot whilst doing any building work 

Yes that is one way to reduce costs if you get good discounts.I had and don`t have any desire to start working in construction again so I let the agent do the logistics.Having said that each to their own and one size cap does not fit all.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes that is one way to reduce costs if you get good discounts.I had and don`t have any desire to start working in construction again so I let the agent do the logistics.Having said that each to their own and one size cap does not fit all.

The fence building when that starts will be a good indicator of how it all works, we have a complete breakdown of costs etc

Gf oftrn deals with sub contractors  so she gets the hassle lol 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

The fence building when that starts will be a good indicator of how it all works, we have a complete breakdown of costs etc

Gf oftrn deals with sub contractors  so she gets the hassle lol 

That`s it mate delegate haha

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
mange
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Thanks for posting a current build price for this area - 15k/m2.

We bought 700 m2 off Cantil-e Road last year, how far away are you? We will have a perimeter wall built in January 2019 as we were there in April and the neighbors had a cow and several water lines running across our property. Not to concerned but - good fences make good neighbors -  and hopefully peace of mind.  

Thanks, Joe

• Like 2

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Nice house, did you meet the 15k/m2 budget? Seems like a good price.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mange said:

Hi,

Thanks for posting a current build price for this area - 15k/m2.

We bought 700 m2 off Cantil-e Road last year, how far away are you? We will have a perimeter wall built in January 2019 as we were there in April and the neighbors had a cow and several water lines running across our property. Not to concerned but - good fences make good neighbors -  and hopefully peace of mind.  

Thanks, Joe

I am not quite sure which Cantil-e road you mean as there are a few of them. We also have a lot in Cantil-e and it is about 1 km from here in Talay.

Edited by sonjack2847
Add tex

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Nice house, did you meet the 15k/m2 budget? Seems like a good price.

As of now, apart from some extras, we are within budget.We have had some give and take as some fittings,materials I wanted were cheaper and some dearer but it so far has balanced out.It is a good price and I know that now but not when I gave the go ahead to start the work.

• Like 3

mange
Posted
Posted

sonjack2847,

I asked my wife where we are located, from the Sagrada De Pamilya chapel about 1 km. Any chance you would share the name of your builder?

Thanks, Joe