Who says you cant get deported?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Dumaguete Police said the Korean national is subject to deportation.

I have noticed there is a different approach to ASEAN nationals than to western men.  I suspect it is cheaper and easier to send them home on one flight.  In the case you mention, he seems to actually be "WANTED" by South Korea :hystery:  so the South Korean government may pay his way home and thank the Philippines for saving them the trouble of an extradition.

But back to the European, specifically the Dutchman, I can find no direct flights from Philippines to Holland.  That means the Philippine government will have to extradite him to some other country.  What other country will take the Philippines "trash" tourists?  How neighborly will they feel if Philippines "dumps" the Dutchman on his point of last departure (which cannot be Holland as there are no direct flights.  I have a feeling this is going to be a problem they cannot deal with despite the newspaper claims, UNLESS he pays his own way home.

Picture this:  Lets say the Dutchman is deported to his last point of departure and it happens to be Singapore.  Now Singapore decided to "deport" him back to Philippines as they don't want him either and Philippines is his point of last departure..  With no direct flight back to the country he holds citizenship I can envision a bureaucratic nightmare.  Better to throw the Dutchman in the detention center until he pays up and leave voluntarily or let him buy his own ticket out of here.  IMHO

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

A Belgium acquaintance of mine, obtained (he said) a 1 year BB stamp during a routine visa extension.  He paid from memory P20K for this, it was done by a supposedly BI official in the office.

When he was exiting from Cebu some  months later  he was apprehended at the airport by the BI man and brought to a detention center in Luzon. Said many foreigners there some crazy after many years being held.

He  is not with out  means how ever still was held 6 weeks before being told to buy a ticket out.......He was availing of an attorney specializing in this field. Ended up due to a short warning having g to fly business class and fought the black listing from Belgium with same attorney. 

In short said total costs were just over 1 mill. Almost all deportations black listing are due to breaches of the immigration act, not criminal, unless of course the individual is on a wanted list and interpol are involved.

Normally an argument with a local cannot get one deported, of course exceptions how ever rare. As said earlier wheels with in wheels. The cost to a  local of having to go to a special BI court in Manila in futile attempt to try have deported are possible but pretty much non existent.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

A Belgium acquaintance of mine, obtained (he said) a 1 year BB stamp during a routine visa extension.

:shock_40_anim_gif: Silly Billy, surely he must have known a BB stamp can only be issued on Arrival (With your Wife present) sounds like he played with fire and got Burnt, sorry but no sympathy here. @ 20k that would have kept him on the straight and narrow for a year (Well pretty much) with proper extensions :89: 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shock_40_anim_gif: Silly Billy, surely he must have known a BB stamp can only be issued on Arrival (With your Wife present) sounds like he played with fire and got Burnt, sorry but no sympathy here. @ 20k that would have kept him on the straight and narrow for a year (Well pretty much) with proper extensions :89: 

If it`s the same man I am thinking of he was not even married and knew what he was doing when he got the visa.I was told that the BI held him as they wanted to catch the corrupt official who was handing them out.I was also told he had to stay out of the country for 6 months and then he could come back.

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

A Belgium acquaintance of mine, o

Did he live in Talisay?

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Did he live in Talisay?

Yes Kev correct, that is Talisay Cebu., and yes again not married and knew exactly what he was doing was not legal. Guess the guy being in uniform, in the office convinced him all was OK.

Edited by RBM
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

KLM the dutch airline flies direct to the Philippines.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Gary D said:

KLM the dutch airline flies direct to the Philippines.

Quite correct, I have done it twice 

https://www.cleartrip.com/flight-booking/klm-royal-dutch-amsterdam-manila-flights.html 

It is a long Flight Direct so many go Via Taipei (Taiwan) and get the stop over for a while  

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Quite correct, I have done it twice 

https://www.cleartrip.com/flight-booking/klm-royal-dutch-amsterdam-manila-flights.html 

It is a long Flight Direct so many go Via Taipei (Taiwan) and get the stop over for a while  

I just looked at the KLM website.  They call it direct but it stops in Taipei.  Including the stop, it is 16 hours 55 minutes and the cost in late October is 1284 USD for the dates I put in.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

They call it direct but it stops in Taipei. 

So I see but in 2010 it was as 2008, Nonstop/Direct. Things change and when you have no need to check Flights it is in your head OH! but I have done that  embarrased  man.jpg :whistling:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5392372-KLM_from_Manila_to_Amsterdam_No_Longer_Non_Stop-Air_Travel.html

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Hmm thinking 1