PLDT FIBRE ANYONE GOT ANYTHING TO SAY ON THIS .

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Regarding the powerline adapters,

I used them in Australia with no problems. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If you are talking about the powerline adapters, correct most of the time, they would only work on areas that are on the same circuit.  If your guest house was on the same circuit it would work.

Regarding the powerline adapters, I paid about $100 for mine here in PH 2-3 years ago, and I only found them at one place here in Subic Bay.  Nowadays, you can order them on Amazon and have them delivered for much less than that.  The pair I posted earlier are only $37.99 + $17.93 shipping.

What range would they reach? My house has three floors + the guest house is connected on the same circuit. Each floor has it's own panel breakers same with the guest house. I'd have thought that there was a limit to the range they would reach. I used them in the UK, small house two floors and they just about worked having to move the PC nearer to were they would work.

Maybe they have got better range now?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, jimeve said:

What range would they reach? My house has three floors + the guest house is connected on the same circuit. Each floor has it's own panel breakers same with the guest house. I'd have thought that there was a limit to the range they would reach. I used them in the UK, small house two floors and they just about worked having to move the PC nearer to were they would work.

I had 3 floors including the basement in my last U.S. house, and used these to expand coverage in the basement and 2nd floor.  However, the locations were directly above and below the main router on the first floor.

In the link I posted, that brand claimed:

"Up to 300 meter range over a home's electrical circuit for better performance through walls or across floors".  I have never needed to test anything close to that range.  Right now I use one for about 30 feet to overcome the concrete barrier walls.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I had 3 floors including the basement in my last U.S. house, and used these to expand coverage in the basement and 2nd floor.  However, the locations were directly above and below the main router on the first floor.

In the link I posted, that brand claimed:

"Up to 300 meter range over a home's electrical circuit for better performance through walls or across floors".  I have never needed to test anything close to that range.  Right now I use one for about 30 feet to overcome the concrete barrier walls.

Did it mention going through circuit breakers?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Did it mention going through circuit breakers?

No, but when the breaker is connected, I would think it would not be a problem.  I'm no electrician though.  You might want to look at the answered questions on Amazon or even ask the question there.

Edit:  This is from Amazon answers:

Question: I see conflicting answers on whether the sender and receiver have to be on the same circuit breaker. Which is is, yes or no?

Answer: The two adapters will need to be connected to outlets that lead to the same main electrical panel. So if a garage has a sub-panel that leads to the main panel of a house, that will work. If you try to connect the adapters in two completely different houses, each house with its own electrical panel, that will not work. 
Best Regards, 
TP-Link Support 

Edited by OnMyWay

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, jimeve said:

You would have one in each room you wanted to use it. I'm sure the power for the house comes from the same source so will travel throughout the house.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You would have one in each room you wanted to use it. I'm sure the power for the house comes from the same source so will travel throughout the house.

I should clarify something for jimeve.

There are two main types of these power-line units.  The basic type is just like a network cable.  You plug Unit 1 into your modem with Cat 6 and insert it into a wall plug near your modem.  Then you take the other Unit 2 and plug it into the wall plug in another room where you want a "cabled" Cat 6 outlet  Then you can plug any Cat 6 network cable device into that Unit 2.  Your computer.  Another wireless modem. etc.

The other type is usually a bit more expensive and is what I have here.  You plug Unit 1 into your modem with Cat 6 and insert it into a wall plug near your modem, same as above.  However, Unit 2 already has a wireless broadcaster built in, so after you plug it where you want it in a wall plug, you have a new wireless connection in that area.  In my case, the extra wireless connection is what serves the previously dead area, our master BR and master CR.  When using my phone on wireless, it will switch between the two wireless signals automatically if I walk around.

So, depending on your specific need, you could choose either type.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

For those new to ethernet over power devices it might be useful to know that if you have power sourced from more than one board then it will probably not work between the 2 power 'networks'.  I ran across that issue when I tried to use them between the main house and a separate building out the back of the house.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Its Jan 7th 2019 and the Fibrehome guys have installed our fibre system after 5th months of waiting !

Im very impressed with the installation !

Now we have to wait 2-3 days for someone to check the installation and activate the system !

Oh well .

TimL
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Its Jan 7th 2019 and the Fibrehome guys have installed our fibre system after 5th months of waiting !

Im very impressed with the installation !

Now we have to wait 2-3 days for someone to check the installation and activate the system !

Oh well .

Got mine installed a week ago. 200mb’s of which I see about 70-90. 

Uptime has been solid though, knock on wood.