Boracay Update - Said to Reopen Oct 26

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

It appears Boracay is the story that just keeps getting better. The Hennan group have just been found forging certificates so they can open and the Mayor of Aklan has just ordered Boracay Water to stop operating as it contravenes environmental standards. Six months to clean the islands water and sewage then the main player on the island whose job it is to sort it out isn't in compliance. Why doesn't this surprise me? 

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I don't think I shall ever visit the island again, yes it was fun the first time back in 2009, but there are lots more places to see for my future plans.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Build it and they will come... In other words, places which are attractive to tourists will attract tourists.  The secret is to control numbers - that will reduce income for all and require strict systems.  In other words, it won't happen. I reckon all they have done is a "factory reset" and in time things will return to just as they were a few months back as the root cause of the problems won't have been fixed.  Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

in time things will return to just as they were a few months back as the root cause of the problems won't have been fixed. 

Ah! that line should be in the national Anthem :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Haha 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 10/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, Snowy79 said:

It appears Boracay is the story that just keeps getting better

Yes and what a story, they say tourists will be limited, that means a higher class of tourists, dearer consumables, etc. What a story, the world looks on as the PI's clean up their tourism act with a bit of local outcry, the loader the better. Remember all the other Asian countries twenty odd years ago, look at them now and here in Australia we pay millions for our tourism promotions, who's the silly ones? :whistling:

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The latest gem to come out the island.  The company responsible for drinking water and sewage treatment have just lost their Mayor's permit to operate.  They've failed their environmental certification. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

boracay.jpg

• Like 1

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

How convenient .Now they can postpone the opening and not admit failure. It is a big undertaking in the time line they had to work with especially in the Philippines. 

• Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 10/17/2018 at 2:24 AM, bastonjock said:

The part about the sandcastles gets me FB_IMG_1539714145049.jpg

The Manila Bulletin had a similar graphic on Facebook the other day. I cannot for the life of me understand why these "news" orgs can't seem to explain anything.

Like the above graphic, the MB one says smoking, drinking or eating "along" or "by" the beach will be prohibited. When I asked in a comment if that means that the hotels and restaurants that had seating on the west side of the White Beach path have lost that seating, no one who replied knew. One of the local brainiacs replied that all of the hotels that did that have been demolished!

I can't imagine trying to decide if I wanted to vacation on the New Boracay and seeing that grilling meat is now prohibited as the MB graphic says. What? On the whole island? Is stewing still ok?

Bastonjock's graphic is a bit clearer but not by very much.

bora_rules.jpg

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, JDDavao said:

I can't imagine trying to decide if I wanted to vacation on the New Boracay

Siquijor is Good enough for me  Siquijor Beach rest.jpg Siquijor Beach walk.jpg :wink:

• Like 4