NBI Clearance with Canadian criminal record

Trini Bwoy
Posted
Posted

Has your friend been living in the Philippines for the past six months ??

Mick
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Trini Bwoy said:

Has your friend been living in the Philippines for the past six months ??

No he was last here in March for his wedding and start the process , but told me its ongoing, but not spoke to him for around a month so no update

Trini Bwoy
Posted
Posted

Ok, to summarize so far, I agree that the Balikbayan visa is a good way to start.  What I need now is someone who has resided in the Philippines for a period of at least 6 months, that has then applied for a permanent residency or other long term visa that required the local Philippines NBI clearance.  If there is anyone that has been through that, I would love to hear from you.  Of if anyone knows of anyone that has been through the same things with a foreighn criminal record that has applied for the local NBI.  Even if I didn't get any more info, I know that I can stay there on the Balikbayan as long as my wife and I leave for a couple days a year, whick is no problem.  Hope I could find out more info though as it would be helpful for the 13A visa.  Thanks so much guys.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mick said:

I have not gone in to this, but a Scottish friend has just started his, they have asked for police clearance for the last 5 years, the problem is, we where both in Iraq so this is not so easy..... 

Sounds like your friend is applying for a visa while outside of the Philippines. Once as its been said several times if a person has been in the Philippines 6 months then only a local NBI clearance is required. 

Quote from immigration about 2 years ago but still the same.

No need for a police clearance, but you need to secure an NBI clearance as a requirement for a 13A visa category.

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Trini Bwoy said:

Ok, to summarize so far, I agree that the Balikbayan visa is a good way to start.  What I need now is someone who has resided in the Philippines for a period of at least 6 months, that has then applied for a permanent residency or other long term visa that required the local Philippines NBI clearance.  If there is anyone that has been through that, I would love to hear from you.  Of if anyone knows of anyone that has been through the same things with a foreighn criminal record that has applied for the local NBI.  Even if I didn't get any more info, I know that I can stay there on the Balikbayan as long as my wife and I leave for a couple days a year, whick is no problem.  Hope I could find out more info though as it would be helpful for the 13A visa.  Thanks so much guys.

I was bar hopping last night & was discussing 13a type issues with an Expat who is going through the process. He's been in the PI for years and finally got married. He said he had to make an appointment online, pay then actually go to NBI for the clearance, biometrics and they did ask for his home country details as part of the 13a process. 

I found this effective July 2018. Perhaps it will help you out.

https://filipiknow.net/ufaqs/how-to-get-nbi-clearance-for-foreigners/

https://filipiknow.net/nbi-clearance/#Step_3_Payment_of_NBI_Clearance_Fee

Regarding 

Upon arrival, go to the Alien Registration Office at the second floor where you will fill out the Alien Registration Form No. 5.

Form 5 asks for address abroad.

xx.JPG

Edited by Rooster

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/19/2018 at 6:29 PM, Trini Bwoy said:

Sorry if you weren’t being sarcastic.  I just don’t want to apply and get denied and then my passport would be flagged as being banned in the Philippines.  I hope someone else has been through this and can reply with the information I’m looking for.  My wife can always come live here and we can travel back and forth as needed but being able to live there would be a blessing.  

I don`t have a criminal record but I have had an NBI clearance and I was told by the officer they only check abroad for open cases or past capitol cases.You have been clean for 10 years so I think you would be fine.There is only 1 way to find out conclusively and that is to try.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Rooster said:

Upon arrival, go to the Alien Registration Office at the second floor where you will fill out the Alien Registration Form No. 5.

Form 5 asks for address abroad.

You can apply for a NBI clearance online which would be better for him to do in advance incase he need to make other plans. 

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, it's been 10 years...  Why not get the pardon and have it wiped off your record?  Or, easier, go to your local police and have a check done. If I remember correctly, it's the same one as for employment.  (I did mine with the Niagara Regional Police).  It shouldn't show anything.  Bring that for your use here in the Philippines.  And, yes, that's what I brought.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
ranmelajlib
Posted
Posted

Hi were you able to get a anser to this question elsewhere, I am usa going to marry in phili as well, and plan on staying there , but have a felony 14 years ago and was wondering same thing will it effect getting 13a permenant resident visa after marriage

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, ranmelajlib said:

Hi were you able to get a anser to this question elsewhere, I am usa going to marry in phili as well, and plan on staying there , but have a felony 14 years ago and was wondering same thing will it effect getting 13a permenant resident visa after marriage

Nothing on the application form says anything other than A NBI clearance from the Philippines and from my understanding if you stay here more than 6 months before applying you dont need it. Anyone on a 13a have to get a police clearance from their own country?