Is anyone hiring expats or know of opening?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is he a Filipino citizen as I did not see that

I did neglect to mention he has to try call centers who will supply native English speakers with a work permit.  If they want you they will do that.  Over 59 years old need not apply.  They are looking for mature people but not THAT mature.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I did neglect to mention he has to try call centers who will supply native English speakers with a work permit.  If they want you they will do that.  Over 59 years old need not apply.  They are looking for mature people but not THAT mature.

Even then it's not as easy as it appears from my research and I guess bit of understanding of what call centers require. Either Way I think the OP needs to think outside the box as there is limited info from him as in where his family is now and if he can relocate them or live on his own and work then visit on time off.

So much to think about and to me the OP has not stated his experience of the Philippines other than saying family of 3 which might mean he met a Filipina with one child but has never ever visited the country as nothing that I know of has been stated. 

We like to help people but very hard with nothing to work on. 

• Like 1

Chrisfa
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

I don't know. But, I will ask someone who does. I will try to get some more info today. If I can, I will let you know.

Thank you! I would really appreciate that

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Chrisfa said:

Thank you! I would really appreciate that

I know exactly where you can get online work to teach english but its not for everyone. You dont just sign up there is a process and tests before you are accepted. 

• Like 1

Chrisfa
Posted
Posted

Hi guys sorry I'm brand new here so I'm not really sure what information is relevant. I'm 26 years old, I went to the Philippines 2 years ago on vacation and stumbled upon the love of my life. I went back about 9 months later to see my son being born and spent over a month living with them. I returned home thinking that it would be easy to bring them with me but it is presenting some big challenges.

They live in a small town in Bohol, they are willing to relocate. 

At this point I just really miss them and I can't think of leaving them when I visit next. I'm really open for anything as long as it means I can see her and my son often.

Side note that might be relevant we are not yet married, we are engaged and can marry quickly but we we're hoping to wait until we could be together

Chrisfa
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I know exactly where you can get online work to teach english but its not for everyone. You dont just sign up there is a process and tests before you are accepted. 

I would definetly be willing to give it a try, I unfortunately did not take a bachelor's in English but did thoroughly enjoy it and I've always been a good teacher (online might make it a bit more tricky)

Could you possibly share the website?

Chrisfa
Posted
Posted

Also to add. I really really appreciate all your help and advice everyone. I wish that I found this site earlier, I've been searching for information for a long time now and have heard so many mixed things. You folks are awesome! Thank you!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Chrisfa said:

Also to add. I really really appreciate all your help and advice everyone. I wish that I found this site earlier, I've been searching for information for a long time now and have heard so many mixed things. You folks are awesome! Thank you!

Will PM you some info but been awake about 24 hours now so give me time :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Chrisfa said:

we are engaged and can marry quickly but we we're hoping to wait until we could be together

That will be a huge difference.  It costs a little time and money but you will qualify for a 13a visa when married and can work in a call center without a work permit.  Married people on a 13a visa have the right to work at any jobs that are not "foreigner disqualified"

In addition, I know of couples (expat/filipina) who have moved to Thailand and both got jobs so it can be done.  Don't ask me how as I did not follow up on that but it may be something you want to look into.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Chrisfa
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Will PM you some info but been awake about 24 hours now so give me time :thumbsup:

That's awesome thank you so much!