Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Recently we bought tickets for a short hop over to Malaysia,  after discovered my passport would be valid just 5.1/2 months upon arrival in Malaysia.

So decided to renew on line, first the drama of a pic that meets the NZ specs, thank goodness they have a photo checker on the Web site. After many attempts which were all  rejected almost gave up. Fortunately a computer savy friend from Hong Kong was visiting, he did the technical part in a photo shop at Robinsonsons Dumaguete which met the criteria......(the boys there were delighted to learn)

Well today  I received an e mail Informing  me as the mouth was not completely closed the photo was rejected...Crazy but that's how it is.

There is no problem returning to Philippines with less than 6 months validity how ever not able to get any info on Malaysia apart from 6 months validity is required. Perhaps somebody has some experience here.

  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The photo requirements appear to be pretty much standard for passport photos so other than the mouth open what was the problem? 

https://www.passports.govt.nz/passport-photos/passport-photo-requirements/

53 minutes ago, RBM said:

There is no problem returning to Philippines with less than 6 months validity how ever not able to get any info on Malaysia apart from 6 months validity is required. Perhaps somebody has some experience here.

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/entry-requirements-into-malaysia.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RBM said:

So decided to renew on line

Just a thought too. When you have a new passport it has to go to Manila to get a transfer stamp placed in it as you are going from an old passport with your stickers etc. Assuming you are on a tourist visa but probably the same for any visa. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmmm that one I wasn't aware of (although it doesn't directly effect me because I'm in and out of the Phillipines every few months).

 

I always believed you just had to keep your old passport with you...

Edited by GeoffH
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just a thought too. When you have a new passport it has to go to Manila to get a transfer stamp placed in it as you are going from an old passport with your stickers etc. Assuming you are on a tourist visa but probably the same for any visa. 

Interesting do you have a link to this, I google it and could not any info, thought just need have old passport with you when departing. I finally had my renewal accepted and Passport on the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RBM said:

thought just need have old passport with you when departing

As you know, everything is different in the Philippines.  It was my observation that the BI would not give my US friend an extension in his new passport without going to Manila for some bureaucratic BS, but I often wondered if he just left the Philippines on the new passport and came right back then he may have avoided that.

I mention it because your new Passport is on its way so you may be able to just leave the Philippines by showing old and new passport and return on new passport only.  MAY be able to, your mileage may vary :whatever:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As you know, everything is different in the Philippines.  It was my observation that the BI would not give my US friend an extension in his new passport without going to Manila for some bureaucratic BS, but I often wondered if he just left the Philippines on the new passport and came right back then he may have avoided that.

I mention it because your new Passport is on its way so you may be able to just leave the Philippines by showing old and new passport and return on new passport only.  MAY be able to, your mileage may vary :whatever:

No that would not be possible because as soon as the new passport is issued the old is cancelled Dave. I have sent a FB message to BI so waiting their comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

The photo requirements appear to be pretty much standard for passport photos so other than the mouth open what was the problem? 

https://www.passports.govt.nz/passport-photos/passport-photo-requirements/

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/entry-requirements-into-malaysia.html

Not so, the quality of a NZ pass port pic is very demanding, we tried many shops with requirements, none met the standards required.. Fortunately a friend was able to change some settings in a photo shop Dumaguete that met standards. 

The pic was at first rejected as mouth not 100% closed, after talking with them in NZ the manager agreed to let it go, so new PP is on the way. Anything that must be done I would hope an expect can be done in Cebu.

Edited by RBM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RBM said:

Not so, the quality of a NZ pass port pic is very demanding,

You are correct about the mouth, it has to be closed, I had the same problem in Australia. According to the immigration mob, a smile distorts face recognition when it is being used in airports, subways, elct. I wasn't cheeky enough to ask if a scowl had the same effect when you went through the electronic passport face recognizer. :hystery:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Interesting do you have a link to this, I google it and could not any info, thought just need have old passport with you when departing. I finally had my renewal accepted and Passport on the way.

It may be called re stamping. As far as asking the question to the BI,

Kindly visit our Main Office in Intramuros Manila to report your status and ask for further advise regarding your concern. Thanks.

Some links

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/others/re-stamping-of-visa

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/Checklist/9Others/2014-04-001 Rev 0 Re-stamping of Visa.pdf

or maybe

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/services/others/transfer-from-old-lost-cancelled-passport

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/2016_IRD/IRD-C-ATP-2016.pdf

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Visa re-stamping
If a foreigner (alien) lives for a long time in the Philippines, one day his/her passport expires.

Most embassies can produce a new passport within 10 days to 2 weeks and send it to you by a courier service.

But your permanent resident visa, your Balikbayan stamp or your SRRV still sticks in the old passport.

The transfer of a visa from an old to a new passport is called "re-stamping" in the Philippines.

The procedure depends on your visa.


Any class 13 visa
You'll have to go to Manila. The re-stamping is only made in BI head office in Intramuros.

Here is the current form to fill in and to bring with your old and new passport.

RA 7919 form

The procedure will cost between PHP 1,010 and PHP 1,510

https://www.silent-gardens.com/visa.php

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×