How to transfer my permanent visa stamp from my now expired US passport to my new renewed US passport?

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks,

I';m hoping that any American permanent residents out there with experience in this matter can help me. I just received my renewed US passport good for ten years.  I'm interested in knowing how to get my permanent resident stamp from my old passport re-instated on my new passport. Is this something that I can do at the Cebu Philippine Immigration office, or will I have to go to Manila to do this?  Any input from readers who have done this or have information would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Queenie

  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

I';m hoping that any American permanent residents out there with experience in this matter can help me.

 Hi Queenie, matters not which Country Passport you have the process is the same. Manila is the only Place to get it done BUT you can go to Cebu but they have to foreward  it to Manila so really it depends on how quick you want it back  or if you enjoy a Trip to Manila, the Cost I believe is minimal, I guess someone else will chip in as i know that a few have had it done. :thumbsup: FYI I use my Lawyer to do mine so much simpler but more expensive but saves 2/3 days round trip with the costs involved :wink: 

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
12 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Hi folks,

I';m hoping that any American permanent residents out there with experience in this matter can help me. I just received my renewed US passport good for ten years.  I'm interested in knowing how to get my permanent resident stamp from my old passport re-instated on my new passport. Is this something that I can do at the Cebu Philippine Immigration office, or will I have to go to Manila to do this?  Any input from readers who have done this or have information would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Queenie

I renewed my 10 Year U.S. passport years ago. I have never been asked to produce the original 13a Visa in my expired one with the holes punched in it or the renewed one.. Always ACR/Current one only. I carried the expired one a few times entering/exiting the country in case they asked for it but no one ever did. Perhaps just carry a copy of the original Visa.

U.S. Dept website;  Carry a copy of your passport at all times in the event that you are asked about your citizenship.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Philippines.html

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
6 minutes ago, Rooster said:

I have never been asked to produce the original 13a Visa in my expired one

:89: One has to wonder how you do your yearley reporting then? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted

Last November I had a brand new passport when we flew to Australia.  We had both my card and my old passport with us, just in cas. When we went through immigration the lady looked at the new one and ask "new passport?" I nodded, she stamped it through the gate I went. No worries :nudie:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: One has to wonder how you do your yearley reporting then? 

Immigration has never asked for it during annual reporting. ACR & current passport only. They pull my white card from their file with my photo and annual signatures only.

I recall one year for my annual, they could not find my white card, they asked me if I had the yellow card, immigration form 25-A from when I applied for the 13A. I went home & found the 25-A & returned to Immigration & they finally found my white card that we sign each year. But they never asked to see the original stamped 13a Visa in an expired passport. 

Edited by Rooster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 minutes ago, Rooster said:

ACR & current passport only.

That was my point it looked from what you have said that you never transfered your Visa stamp to you new passport but carry your expired one to show it if needed But as usual, we now drift, as the OP has asked;

How to transfer my permanent visa stamp from my now expired US passport to my new renewed US passport?  and so far it seems I am the only one to give an answer to her Question ( Queenie that is) :wink: So as you have done the Transfer got any Advice for her? :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
7 minutes ago, scott h said:

Last November I had a brand new passport when we flew to Australia.  We had both my card and my old passport with us, just in cas. When we went through immigration the lady looked at the new one and ask "new passport?" I nodded, she stamped it through the gate I went. No worries :nudie:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your info. When you went to pay your annual ARC tax in January, did they ask you about about your  missing stamp when you submitted to them your new passport?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

That was my point it looked from what you have said that you never transfered your Visa stamp to you new passport but carry your expired one to show it if needed But as usual, we now drift, as the OP has asked;

How to transfer my permanent visa stamp from my now expired US passport to my new renewed US passport?  and so far it seems I am the only one to give an answer to her Question ( Queenie that is) :wink: So as you have done the Transfer got any Advice for her? :smile:

Thanks for the info Jack, and all so far.  Jack--when you say that the passport can be forwarded on from the Cebu Immigration office if time is not a factor? I'm not in a big hurry, and I'd rather go to Manila for a vacation outing another time, than to spend my time at the Immigration there.  I think that there are travel agents in Cebu that do that type of procedure by proxy for a fee, but if it's not truly necessary, I'd rather just carry my ARC and old passport. Did your lawyer feel that it was mandatory to have the stamp re-stated on your new passport? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
4 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Did your lawyer feel that it was mandatory to have the stamp re-stated on your new passport? 

Yes! because it is current, the Old one has expired and would therfore be an unlawful mode of Passage and  an up to date means of Identification,  Not to mention that the ACR card you have would, not have all the right details also the  SSRN number from your ARP would not have the right Details for the New Passport. One thing I never mess with is Immigration For me, I like things exact and to the letter, we know how things can go if not and they (BOI) get a bee in their bonnet. But that's me :wink: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...