last minute advice

RBM
Posted
Posted

To my reading your visiting some high density tourist spots. This may not give the ideal perspective of Philippines. In particular Kawasaki falls has had some rather heavy criticism over the guides.

Surprised you have not met a lady on line whom would be able to bring you around to more natural but beautiful spots the country has to offer.

• Like 1

bob1965
Posted
Posted

If you’re in Manila for a week you can do a few day trips. Tagaytay, Corregidor,  intramuros is worth a look etc. Pretty easy to burn through a month.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Internal flights can be quite cheap here but I would check exactly where the flights originate as to where you want to go.That will save you a lot of time.I wanted to go to Iloilo but the flight was from Cebu or Manila and so it would not save any time over going by bus from Dumaguete,in fact it would have taken longer with the waiting times in each airport.

canadamale
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

he pace of life in the Philippines is very slow compared to the west. You can't just go here there and everywhere. To spend one day in Palawan would take up a minimum of 3 days.

Especially if you do not have a filipina guide whom is knowledgeable of where you want to go, My advise would be to come here, go to the first place on your list, enjoy, and when ready travel to the next place. Come without to much of a set itinerary. Make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to Manila for the ride home..

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, canadamale said:

Especially if you do not have a filipina guide whom is knowledgeable of where you want to go, My advise would be to come here, go to the first place on your list, enjoy, and when ready travel to the next place. Come without to much of a set itinerary. Make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to Manila for the ride home..

Yep, I'd say that is the best plan.  Know where you are starting and finishing and play it by ear for the rest.  

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Are you just coming for a vacation or checking the place out for possible retirement? It makes a huge difference. 

Like RBM said..you can't get a perspective what life is like here by visiting tourist spots.:smile:

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Thank you. I am coming for vacation, to meet some girls, and as a side note, check out a few condos/houses, and see if it makes sense longer term to live there. If it's something I could deal with:)

But first goal, is just have a good time and meet some girls

• Like 3