Hunting/target shooting?

Robert 56
Posted
Posted

I guess we all have different opinions on this issue. I read that his GF gun is locked up. Also I think if others know you have a gun they will think twice before unlawfully entering your house.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Enough about Arizonas girl friends hand gun. Let's return to our regularly programed topic now please.:smile:

• Thanks 1

Robert 56
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Enough about Arizonas girl friends hand gun. Let's return to our regularly programed topic now please.:smile:

I like the idea of renting guns. No cleaning or storage issued.  Does anyone shoot trap or skeet? Also if there's no hunting how about fishing?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Robert 56 said:

Does anyone shoot trap or skeet?

I don't, but I googles Philippine skeet shooting and a couple of places showed up

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Robert have you ever thought about SCUBA? Philippines is an amazing place to dive.

There is a large gun range open to the public in Cebu City near or in Mandue. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Have you thought about shooting a compound bow?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Foreigners are prohibited from owning pretty much all weapons which would include compound bows. you would likely struggle with a pointed stick. And about preventing a break in the robbers come armed because they think all Americans have guns.

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the information, I was aware of the prohibition upon foreigners owning a guns but I was not aware it was so broad.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The very few shooting ranges I've been to were ridiculously expensive. Stayed at the Crown Regency in Cebu once and was given a coupon for "Free 8 rounds of pistol shooting" at their sub-basement firing range. Turned out the target cost P400! The ammo was reloads, half of which were duds. The 'instructor' didn't know enough to wait 30 seconds after a misfire before ejecting the defective round. I quit after getting 4 shots off and experiencing 4 misfires.

What would you all say about the price issue?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

What would you all say about the price issue?

Not much :rolleyes: