What is the Best rated Used SUV i can Purchase?

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am a foreigner from Alaska that's going to be moving to the Davao City, Del Sur. I need to know about used vehicles at Davao City, and want information regarding what models, or vans best to purchase?. what engine size, and kilometers.  About the tires, and the quality of used SUV's, the higher rated dealers?,,, this is important for me,,,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted

Best way to buy a new or used car or truck is a common question and a difficult one to answer. You would know what best meets your needs, a midsize SUV would be a good choice. New cars are very expensive in Philippines but with luck you may find a newer used one at a fair price.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Best way to buy a new or used car or truck is a common question and a difficult one to answer. You would know what best meets your needs, a midsize SUV would be a good choice. New cars are very expensive in Philippines but with luck you may find a newer used one at a fair price.

I've looked into many alternatives, it does seem like the best alternative or motive is dealing with individuals, wanting to opt out of the pymt issues in selling their vehicles,,, I keep looking into different suv's, but needing more info,,,thanks,,,

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
2 hours ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

I am a foreigner from Alaska that's going to be moving to the Davao City, Del Sur. I need to know about used vehicles at Davao City, and want information regarding what models, or vans best to purchase?. what engine size, and kilometers.  About the tires, and the quality of used SUV's, the higher rated dealers?,,, this is important for me,,,

Look for a vehicle that has been dealer maintained. Alot of individuals here do not maintain their vehicles. If I was buying a used car here it would be a Toyota due to the availability of parts. Most SUVs here are diesel  and cost more to repair when it comes to engine parts. On the other hand diesel is a little cheaper than gasoline here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

Look for a vehicle that has been dealer maintained. Alot of individuals here do not maintain their vehicles. If I was buying a used car here it would be a Toyota due to the availability of parts. Most SUVs here are diesel  and cost more to repair when it comes to engine parts. On the other hand diesel is a little cheaper than gasoline here.

Thank you, I was looking into a Grand starex van as well, but seen the Toyota Van's to be more popular,,, mechanics is not. A problem for me, thanks for the info was helpful,,,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

Look for a vehicle that has been dealer maintained. Alot of individuals here do not maintain their vehicles. If I was buying a used car here it would be a Toyota due to the availability of parts. Most SUVs here are diesel  and cost more to repair when it comes to engine parts. On the other hand diesel is a little cheaper than gasoline here.

I agree that Toyota is your best bet for many reasons.  Toyota Fortuner is their mid-size SUV here.  Innova is their popular smaller van type.  Be aware that the Innova will not accommodate a very large driver.

1 hour ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

Thank you, I was looking into a Grand starex van as well, but seen the Toyota Van's to be more popular,,, mechanics is not. A problem for me, thanks for the info was helpful,,,

Those are big vans, not SUV's.  Good for transporting lots of people.  Not so good for parking, etc., in a city.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I agree that Toyota is your best bet for many reasons.  Toyota Fortuner is their mid-size SUV here.  Innova is their popular smaller van type.  Be aware that the Innova will not accommodate a very large driver.

Those are big vans, not SUV's.  Good for transporting lots of people.  Not so good for parking, etc., in a city.

I understand, thank you, the Innova was a choice for me as I was browsing through different sites,,, "onmyway", thanks for the heads up,,, innova may seem to be the choice,,, is it best to look Into a vehicle dealer maintained vehicles and what isn't that I'm looking for in that catagory,, documents showing their maintenance on the vehicles?, receipts?,,,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Cool ICE-Philippines said:

I understand, thank you, the Innova was a choice for me as I was browsing through different sites,,, "onmyway", thanks for the heads up,,, innova may seem to be the choice,,, is it best to look Into a vehicle dealer maintained vehicles and what isn't that I'm looking for in that catagory,, documents showing their maintenance on the vehicles?, receipts?,,,

Yes, receipts and if they say dealer maintained, the warranty booklet should be stamped.

The Innova and the HiAce are not built for large drivers, so make sure you sit in one.  Another Toyota to consider is the Avanza.  It is smaller but the later models are quite nice, will fit a larger driver, good around town, and cheaper.  I had a 2009 Avanza manual transmission and liked it a lot, but it did not have any creature comforts and the 1.3 l gas engine was a bit weak.  The newer ones have more creature comforts and a 1.5 l engine is available.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, receipts and if they say dealer maintained, the warranty booklet should be stamped.

The Innova and the HiAce are not built for large drivers, so make sure you sit in one.  Another Toyota to consider is the Avanza.  It is smaller but the later models are quite nice, will fit a larger driver, good around town, and cheaper.  I had a 2009 Avanza manual transmission and liked it a lot, but it did not have any creature comforts and the 1.3 l gas engine was a bit weak.  The newer ones have more creature comforts and a 1.5 l engine is available.

Tremendous,,,

https://www.autodeal.com.ph/articles/car-news-philippines/there-will-be-all-new-toyota-engines-and-transmissions-soon

This is also very interesting,,, tha is for your valuable information,,, take good care onmyway,,,,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

I purchased a used 2008 Toyota Fortuner (2.7 gas) with 80,000 km when I first got here for 680,000p. I bought if from someone I trusted who had just bought a new 2017 fortuner. The original owner owns a couple of Caltex gas Stations and made sure that all the needed maintenance was done. I would have preferred to get the Diesel Fortuner because Diesel Fuel is cheaper in the Philippines but I'm real happy with my purchase and have put 20,000 km on the car with no maintenance issues. I think the original purchase price was around 1,300,000p, so the original owner drove it 10 years and got half his money back at the time of resale. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...