Challenging move ahead

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Ninpo2dan said:

So when I keep doing the 6-month extensions, they aren't going to ask to see another exit ticket? My first exit ticket will have expired when I do the next 6-month extension.

In the 15 + years I have been here I have never heard anyone say they had been asked Because the BI know you are extending and certainly on 6 monthly they will/should presume that you will see the 3 year rule out. This was the Reason we were given the 3 years grace of Extensions. Hey don't worry,  Just come with your Throwaway we will guide you after that, We are not going anywhere soon ( :whistling:we hope)

• Like 1

Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

Awesome, thank you for the answers. Now I just need to play around with figuring out the cheapest throw-away option, but I have a few weeks before I buy tickets.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Ninpo2dan said:

Awesome, thank you for the answers. Now I just need to play around with figuring out the cheapest throw-away option, but I have a few weeks before I buy tickets.

Can't help you there, Too long out of the loop but there are a few here that will be up to date :wink:

Ninpo2dan
Posted
Posted

Quick scan shows flight 9 months out, best rate is to Taipei for $41. If anyone has better suggestions, or knows where to look for discount deals, please feel free to add those suggestions here. Thanks.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Ninpo2dan said:

Quick scan shows flight 9 months out, best rate is to Taipei for $41. If anyone has better suggestions, or knows where to look for discount deals, please feel free to add those suggestions here. Thanks.

I do recall another poster posting about a website where you could get a ticket which can be shown to the BIR and then cancelled and refunded.  Beyond that I cannot help.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You can rent a throw away ticket. Just google for renting. I paid $12. The only time an exit ticket will be looked for is when boarding a plane coming to the Philippines. You'll never be asked to show one by anf government department once here. On extensions all they look for is your passport and money. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/15/2019 at 7:13 AM, Ninpo2dan said:

Will I even be allowed to start renting with a tourist visa?

Landlords don't care about anything but getting their monthly rent. They could care less what your status with the Gov't is.:smile: 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The date of the exit ticket does not matter to. One month.in to the future or 2 or 7. Just as long as you have one or you won't be boarding a flight.

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Ninpo2dan said:

There are several low cost carriers that you can research for a cheap throwaway ticket. Currently I believe that PAL and CebPac have ongoing promotions.

Another option which I have used in the past is a fully refundable ticket. More expensive upfront but you can get all your money back when you cancel the ticket.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Ninpo2dan said:

So for now, I just buy a one-way ticket from US to Manila, and then a "throw away" ticket to the cheapest place possible, dated more than 6 months from my arrival? I'm guessing at least 9 months from arrival. Then I keep buying a new 6-month throw away each time I renew the tourist visa?

You only need the throwaway ticket to board the flight to the Philippines and they might check at immigration on arrival. You don't need a throw away for renewing your tourist visa.

• Like 1