Common scams refresher

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Laugh icon.jpg Just had callers at the gate trying to sell the "all health fixing elixir powder" Cures all internal problems and is that all wonderful Detox remedy, only 770 peso (250 gram bag) BUT today at 598 Buy one get one :shock_40_anim_gif:when I read the ingredients it is 80% Soya Powder that we can get in most supermarkets at about 45 peso a carton (20 gram I would think)

:shake_80_anim_gif: Nope thank you. Geeze man everyone's at it 

That sounds like a good deal! You didn't buy any?:89:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

:hystery: Never try and Bullchit a bullchitter I say :unsure:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

He won't tell you but he bought 6. Haha I only bought 3 mug.

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

He won't tell you but he bought 6. Haha I only bought 3 mug.

Angry, Kermit reading.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is not just the newbies that need to be careful but some of us Old timers here need to be aware.

Today as all days usually something comes up.  I was hit with a new one ( new for me anyway) when our helper who has been here now for over 6 months and is Good and we are very happy with her to say the least, First started, over 1 year ago but left then came back she told my Wife she was the Youngest, Now all of a sudden she has a younger sister that needs? medical attention :89: So the Wife gave her the Advance she asked for, I sat and thought about it and rang Azon to remind her of this. Does it matter honey? maybe she was not thinking straight  But it just goes to show that even at our age and the time I have been here, we are still targets for things that some people think is OK, the little white lie here and there. Anyway I spoke to the helper and she said OH! no it was my Younger niece that needs the help and I got confused when i told maam about my Sister telling me, Yes OK! :shock_40_anim_gif:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Angry, Kermit reading.jpg

I suppose that is stronger than the look.

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

There are two types of people in the Philippines, those who have been scammed and realise and those that don't think they have because they haven't worked it out yet.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

There are two types of people in the Philippines, those who have been scammed and realise and those that don't think they have because they haven't worked it out yet.

Let's face it as Foreigners, we ted to get scammed one way or another most days of the week :shades:

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Talking of scamming and how it's getting worse I've just been watching Asian TV.  They were interviewing a journalist who has been working undercover investigating scams.  There's going to be a special show about it on TV next week. 

They have uncovered scamming schools in 4 Asian countries where criminal gangs are making a fortune. They've set up whole call centres frauding people and even teaching locals how to scam other locals.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Talking of scamming and how it's getting worse I've just been watching Asian TV.  They were interviewing a journalist who has been working undercover investigating scams.  There's going to be a special show about it on TV next week. 

They have uncovered scamming schools in 4 Asian countries where criminal gangs are making a fortune. They've set up whole call centres frauding people and even teaching locals how to scam other locals.  

It may not be the same show, but I watch a series called Scam City with a British undercover guy who has exposed various scams in a number of different  countries.  He's not been to the Philippines yet so perhaps it's not as bad here as we think!