Sharing advice and our thoughts

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I do like this forum, it’s there for great advice if you are wanting to hear  it, plus there is the feel of distant friends that we have made.

There has been so many stories on here some sad some funny and some you just can’t be bothered to reply too, but when you do read some of there do you yourself share those stories with your better half and if they come up with advice do you write what they have given.

Myself I try to say it as it is and I know sometimes you need to a bit more sympathetic and this is where Emma comes into herself, she can understand more sometimes by thinking about things where in my case my mouth works before my brain engages, so do others share the story’s from here to there partners.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2019 at 6:32 AM, stevewool said:

so do others share the story’s from here to there partners. 

Not very often, once or twice a month at most.

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Steve

To me you seem to be a good stand up guy.

Not like s bilge rat  like myself. If  anybody

been around the block, it’s been me..

You need to keep your fight to yourself.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I find if you share things with your partner it comes back and bites you. I may be unlucky but the partners I've had if you say x did such and such within a few minutes they think you are capable of doing that also. 

• Like 1

Foreigner
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2019 at 6:32 AM, stevewool said:

do others share the story’s from here to there partners

I only share the stories that my wife will find interesting, such as the "BigMac" story.  She was just as surprised as the rest of us, and couldn't figure out why the American never bothered to travel to the Phils to see his (so-called) dying wife.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I share just about everything with my wife. To the point where she's been known to tune me out. But then, my hearing problem has isolated me for years now from "face time" with people.

As for the stories here, yes. Many times I share both big stories and small.

You all share the same last name, by the way. It's Fromtheforum. Most often your first names are Thatguy. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 3/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, stevewool said:

I do like this forum, it’s there for great advice if you are wanting to hear  it, plus there is the feel of distant friends that we have made.

There has been so many stories on here some sad some funny and some you just can’t be bothered to reply too, but when you do read some of there do you yourself share those stories with your better half and if they come up with advice do you write what they have given.

Myself I try to say it as it is and I know sometimes you need to a bit more sympathetic and this is where Emma comes into herself, she can understand more sometimes by thinking about things where in my case my mouth works before my brain engages, so do others share the story’s from here to there partners.

I do a lot. We go for an hour or so drive every day and sometimes I will tell her about some of the things going on in this forum. Especially the age difference parts and BigMacs story. I tell her about when sometimes I say the wrong things and either Jack or Jollygoodfellow gives me a head slap to put me back in line.(even tho Jack is not a Mod.) She laughs about it. And so do I.:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I tell her about when sometimes I say the wrong things and either Jack or Jollygoodfellow gives me a head slap to put me back in line.(even tho Jack is not a Mod.) She laughs about it. And so do I.:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

I do this too , but I get no sympathy from the wife, she just tells me to engage my brain before my mouth, I have learnt to count to 5 before I reply back to her like ‘ yes sweetheart ‘

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I do this too , but I get no sympathy from the wife, she just tells me to engage my brain before my mouth, I have learnt to count to 5 before I reply back to her like ‘ yes sweetheart ‘

Neither one of us wears the pants in our family. We both wear shorts and flip flops.:laugh: We have come to the conclusion that we are both geniuses. :smile:

• Haha 1