Growing Veg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Only if you don't consider California is in the States! Read my flag...oh, its still not working!

No that it's that important,  but you said "Depends on what veg from the States you are trying to grow". :whistling: ...why would a guy from Sweden be trying to grow veg from the States?

P.S. I thought you Californians considered yourself as independent? :tongue:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

P.S. I thought you Californians considered yourself as independent?

They grow Pizzas

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

In my garden: 

Tomatoes, Ginger, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Chili Peppers, Okra,  Egg Plants, Chives, String Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Mangoes ,Papayas, Bananas, Coconuts, Pineapples, Star Fruit, Guavas, Tarrow Plants.... and several I can't remember the names of... most producing veg and fruit right now. 

I haven't yet tried (boring and pretty useless anyway) lettuce, but I believe you'd need to be up in cooler mountain areas for that.  Carrots also. Sweet Potato tops make a nice healthy green addition to many dishes. .. and very easy to grow. 

Here are a few pics of my veggies:

DSCN7896.JPG

DSCN7897.JPG

DSCN7898.JPG

DSCN7899.JPG

DSCN7900.JPG

DSCN7901.JPG

DSCN7902.JPG

DSCN7903.JPG

DSCN7904.JPG

IMG_20181112_163253FB.jpg

IMG_20181112_163506.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I use powdered egg shells to get rid of the white spot on the plants it works very well. Just crush them as small as possible and sprinkle on the soil it will wash in and get rid of the white spot.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Forum members who live in a condo or home with limited garden space may grow vegetables in large plastic containers. You need to drill a few holes underneath and on the sides to drain excess water. At one time, there was a company advertising hanging planters for growing tomatoes. It already had seeds and fertilizer. All that was needed was watering. Makes for an interesting conversation piece hanging in your back patio or inside your home.

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:47 AM, hk blues said:

I don't think he's American, unless I'm mistaken he's Swedish! :whistling:

You are right about that :thumbsup: