Cash Flow for the Poor?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My GF started a 5-6 business 2 and a half years ago just to keep herself busy. Started with 10k and now has around 100k lent out. Mostly the tricycle drivers around our house and sorry sorry stores. Sometimes takes a motor or gold as collateral. She gives much more time for payback and seldom has problems. Her only mistake so far was a bakery owners son who had been a reliable customer borrowed 30k and lost it gambling. He kinda just disappeared. After months of trying to collect from his mom she went to the police station to file a complaint. Lo and behold one of the officers there was someone that I used to drink beer with. He went to the bakery and the mom agreed to pay P700 per week. The loan is just over halfway paid back now. I told her that she should make a contribution to the next police xmas party.:cheersty:   

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I was told that the local Indian population are heavily into the 5/6 business and the mortality rate is quite high. Credits are the death of most sari sari stores and if you don't offer credit you don't get business.

A relation of my wife's mother would run up large credits at the local store and leave for the daughter when she visited. Of course the store knew the debt was good because the daugther was married to a rich foreigner and lived abroad.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

I was told that the local Indian population are heavily into the 5/6 business and the mortality rate is quite high. Credits are the death of most sari sari stores and if you don't offer credit you don't get business

Yes it is. Somewhere here l posted many times of another India shot dead from a lending business. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, stevewool said:

Do you always get back what you loan out .

Yes, we do.  And if we didn't the loss would be minimal and it would be the 1st and last time it happened.  

• Hmm thinking 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, Gary D said:

I was told that the local Indian population are heavily into the 5/6 business and the mortality rate is quite high. Credits are the death of most sari sari stores and if you don't offer credit you don't get business.

A relation of my wife's mother would run up large credits at the local store and leave for the daughter when she visited. Of course the store knew the debt was good because the daugther was married to a rich foreigner and lived abroad.

I was told that my GF might be a target as a 5-6 person. Won't happen as she has a very small business. The Indian guys you are talking about that get killed have hundreds of thousands of pesos loaned out. If a person owes say 50k, It's cheaper to pay someone 20k to take them out.:shades:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

It's cheaper to pay someone 20k to take them out.:shades:

Must be an expensive place you're taking them! :tongue:

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2019 at 7:47 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes it is. Somewhere here l posted many times of another India shot dead from a lending business. 

I remember reading an article about foreigners getting murdered in mindanao , I'd estimate that 80 % of them were Indian money lenders

usa32
Posted
Posted

Don't take this the wrong way to the people that do.

But if you don't have the income to take care of you,your wife and/or kids in the Philippines and have to resort to either you or your wife/gf putting money out on the street/lending. Which we all know opens up you and your family to bodily harm. Then you shouldn't really be in the Philippines.

just my opinion