Cash Flow for the Poor?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, usa32 said:

Don't take this the wrong way to the people that do.

But if you don't have the income to take care of you,your wife and/or kids in the Philippines and have to resort to either you or your wife/gf putting money out on the street/lending. Which we all know opens up you and your family to bodily harm. Then you shouldn't really be in the Philippines.

just my opinion

I don't think any member has said they lend money, rather their wife/GF does.  Any many are no doubt the same as me, lending money for no gain whatsoever - I lend 1,000php and they repay me 1,000php.  Surely people in the USA lend money to family/friends/neighbours when in need?  

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:15 AM, stevewool said:

Do you always get back what you loan out .

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:24 AM, hk blues said:

Yes, we do.  And if we didn't the loss would be minimal and it would be the 1st and last time it happened.  

I am impressed, of all the time my gf has given loans to friends and relatives, only one had paid it back. This is over a period of more than 20 years!!!!

Viking
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, Arizona Kid said:

My GF started a 5-6 business 2 and a half years ago just to keep herself busy. Started with 10k and now has around 100k lent out. Mostly the tricycle drivers around our house and sorry sorry stores. Sometimes takes a motor or gold as collateral. She gives much more time for payback and seldom has problems. Her only mistake so far was a bakery owners son who had been a reliable customer borrowed 30k and lost it gambling. He kinda just disappeared. After months of trying to collect from his mom she went to the police station to file a complaint. Lo and behold one of the officers there was someone that I used to drink beer with. He went to the bakery and the mom agreed to pay P700 per week. The loan is just over halfway paid back now. I told her that she should make a contribution to the next police xmas party.:cheersty:   

I thought that running a 5-6 business was illegal?? :89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

They got away with it because they protested that if you can have 7/11 then why can't we have 5-6. 

And that was the end of that. :cheersty:

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

I beleive the law changed about a year or so ago.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Viking said:

Of course it's illegal. So is paying a fine on the spot instead of going to court. Seen any cars, Jeepneys or baby busses around with no brake lights or turn signals that work? When no one is around to enforce the laws, the laws become a joke.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1