Safest Iner Island Shipping Service?

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Two weeks ago my wife had to make an emergency trip to San Carlos City Negros from Sta Rosa, Laguna because of a sick sister.  She died a couple days later.  As soon as school school was out our daughter and I made the trip for the viewing and funeral.  I parked our car in the long term parking deck at terminal 3.  Took along our passports for id travel.  The next day after the funeral my wife started to pack thinks up for the travel home.  Since we always keep extra things at this other house where mother in law lives, my wife decided to change my Carry bag since we will be flying to Tokyo mid May and she liked one of the other bags we had there.  She did this while I was sleeping.  She did not know the passports were in the small top outer pocket of the carry on I brought.  The car and house keys were in the lower pocket.  When we got to Bacolod airport is when I realized we did not have the passports.  We were concerned that our daughter would not be allowed to board without ID.  We had our niece send a photo of her ID page of the passport just in case.  No problem with that, not once on the outbound or return flight did we ever have to show ID, just the boarding pass I printed at home before we left.  Then when we arrived in Manila I realized the car keys were not with us.  Again lucky my wife had her set with her.  So now we need to have the passport and keys sent back to us here in Laguna.  What is the safest and most reliable courier service.  I only know LBC and 2Go, are there any others that may be better?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Sorry for your loss!

The U.S. Embassy uses Air 21 and 2Go.  I never had a problem with inbound shipments with them.  I think we used Air 21 one time without a problem.  Air 21 is the Fedex partner, I believe.

I can see that happening with the bags.  We have so many bags that we are going to get rid of some.  I will search them all! 

I have two large hard case bags bought at SM, and both have failed.  One got big crack that I semi-mended, and the handle broke on the other.  No more cheap hard bags.  Yesterday I bought a set of 2 Samsonite canvas spinners at S&R, almost 50% off.  I like the fact that the canvas bags have outer pockets even though they way a bit more.

Sorry, off topic.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I hadn't heard of Air 21.  Are they located in all the Philippine cities?  San Carlos City is small and the largest city is a few hours away.  Maybe 2Go would be best.  I seem to remember seeing a location there.

For luggage I prefer canvas bags also,  Actually I like duffels.  My wife does not because she feels they are harder to pack.  They are heavy duty, cheaper, and because they are so light you can easily pack more into them than hard luggage.  I had found large wheeled duffels without a frame at Walmart for $19.95 made mostly of a heavyweight rip stop nylon and they easily last  years even though I consider them disposable.:tiphat:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I'd keep it simple and just use LBC.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I'd keep it simple and just use LBC.

We use JRS

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

We use JRS

I've not heard of that one, are they wide spead?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gary D said:

I've not heard of that one, are they wide spead?

FYI Gary;

http://www.jrs-express.com/

:smile:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2019 at 8:46 PM, intrepid said:

Two weeks ago my wife had to make an emergency trip to San Carlos City Negros from Sta Rosa, Laguna because of a sick sister.  She died a couple days later.  As soon as school school was out our daughter and I made the trip for the viewing and funeral.  I parked our car in the long term parking deck at terminal 3.  Took along our passports for id travel.  The next day after the funeral my wife started to pack thinks up for the travel home.  Since we always keep extra things at this other house where mother in law lives, my wife decided to change my Carry bag since we will be flying to Tokyo mid May and she liked one of the other bags we had there.  She did this while I was sleeping.  She did not know the passports were in the small top outer pocket of the carry on I brought.  The car and house keys were in the lower pocket.  When we got to Bacolod airport is when I realized we did not have the passports.  We were concerned that our daughter would not be allowed to board without ID.  We had our niece send a photo of her ID page of the passport just in case.  No problem with that, not once on the outbound or return flight did we ever have to show ID, just the boarding pass I printed at home before we left.  Then when we arrived in Manila I realized the car keys were not with us.  Again lucky my wife had her set with her.  So now we need to have the passport and keys sent back to us here in Laguna.  What is the safest and most reliable courier service.  I only know LBC and 2Go, are there any others that may be better?

I live in San Carlos and use JRS weekly, never had an issue. Often to an from Luzon.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

I live in San Carlos and use JRS weekly, never had an issue. Often to an from Luzon.

Thanks RBM, Since others recommend as well I will tell our niece.  Can you advise where the JRS is located in San Carlos?  I checked there website and it had limited information

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, intrepid said:

Thanks RBM, Since others recommend as well I will tell our niece.  Can you advise where the JRS is located in San Carlos?  I checked there website and it had limited information

Just down from city mall, think its Broce Street but every trike driver will know it. They are super nice and a pleasure to deal with.

• Thanks 2