need help dialing to US from Phils.. COLLECT

dj3642
Posted
Posted

hi all. i am finding it to be nearly impossible to get hold of any credit card companies in the US over credit card issues.. all they do is give you a number to call collect.. only problem is.. there is no one i have asked who knows how to reach an international operator.. so i can make a collect call and these credit card companies of course dont give you an email address to write them. so can anyone tell  me if there is a way to get  hold of an international operator at all. i am at my wits end.. 

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

I use Skype to call 1800 numbers for free. You might want to give that a try.

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

I had to do that 4 months ago when I was trying to use a US credit card here because they enhanced the security. I did get through, connected at got the purchase OK'd  after interrogation verification. 

• Like 3

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

You can also use Microsoft Messenger to make calls.

Before I came here I purchased a MagicJack from Walmart which gives you a US phone number.  I have received and made US calls on it with no problem.  Even received calls from credit card issuers to clear security issues 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Billoncho
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, dj3642 said:

hi all. i am finding it to be nearly impossible to get hold of any credit card companies in the US over credit card issues.. all they do is give you a number to call collect.. only problem is.. there is no one i have asked who knows how to reach an international operator.. so i can make a collect call and these credit card companies of course dont give you an email address to write them. so can anyone tell  me if there is a way to get  hold of an international operator at all. i am at my wits end.. 

Get a US number from TextNow. I've been using the app on my phone. You can call anywhere in North America for free.

https://www.textnow.com/wireless?ref=non-sale-web_app_banner&plan=ulimit

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You mean like like actually have an operator place a call... I have not done that in years (used to do it a lot, while traveling). 

Yeah, I use a phone app as well.  I use Magic Jack as my "local" US number.  There are lots of internet options for calls now.  

• Like 3

dj3642
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

actually i did see this before and tried it.. but now that i am reading it.. i see it had to be a landline. i was using a cell phone. now i have to find a landline somewhere but thats at least a start.. thanks .. actually i may try skype as well. 

dj3642
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

u are a lifesaver.. i went and dialed the US 800 number from skype and it worked. thanks so very much and thanks to everyone else who made suggestions.. you are all the best :)

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, dj3642 said:

u are a lifesaver.. i went and dialed the US 800 number from skype and it worked. thanks so very much and thanks to everyone else who made suggestions.. you are all the best :)

Your experience is one of the reasons I love this group. A lot of joking around AND great advice!:dance:

• Like 1