need help dialing to US from Phils.. COLLECT

Thomas W
Posted
Posted
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, dj3642 said:

actually i did see this before and tried it.. but now that i am reading it.. i see it had to be a landline. i was using a cell phone. now i have to find a landline somewhere but thats at least a start.. thanks .. actually i may try skype as well. 

Im not sure if this is the cheapest plan but I use GOCALLIDD globe plan on cell phone..its 2.5 pesos per minute to most countries..

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Thomas W said:

Im not sure if this is the cheapest plan but I use GOCALLIDD globe plan on cell phone..its 2.5 pesos per minute to most countries..

FYI

I used prepaid globe and smart IDD (international direct dial) calling cards for a few years in the past from my PI cell phone.

Now I call to the entire USA,  my PI computer to USA cell or landline,with the Skype $3.99/mo. unlimited calling plan.  I usually rack up 2-3 hours / wk with family & friends. When computer to computer video call Skyping, of course, I run up 3-4/wk using the free system.... or use free FB video calls.... which ever system is operating best at the moment. 

If there are better, cheaper, or easier systems to use, I would like to hear of them, but at present these systems serve my needs well.

Edited by manofthecoldland
"/m" to "/mo.
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

FYI

I used prepaid globe and smart IDD (international direct dial) calling cards for a few years in the past from my PI cell phone.

Now I call to the entire USA,  my PI computer to USA cell or landline,with the Skype $3.99/mo. unlimited calling plan.  I usually rack up 2-3 hours / wk with family & friends. When computer to computer video call Skyping, of course, I run up 3-4/wk using the free system.... or use free FB video calls.... which ever system is operating best at the moment. 

If there are better, cheaper, or easier systems to use, I would like to hear of them, but at present these systems serve my needs well.

I'd second that - Skype is a great solution for calling home.  I call the UK from time-to-time for about 40 mins and the cost is less than 1.5USD per call.  I mistakenly thought Skype only worked from Skype to Skype but it works perfectly from Skype to landline or cellphone. 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'd second that - Skype is a great solution for calling home.  I call the UK from time-to-time for about 40 mins and the cost is less than 1.5USD per call.  I mistakenly thought Skype only worked from Skype to Skype but it works perfectly from Skype to landline or cellphone. 

Never tried Skype. Might have to check it out. I always thought it was just a video type chat.:huh:

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Never tried Skype. Might have to check it out. I always thought it was just a video type chat.:huh:

I did too - but you can use it as you would a normal audio call with very inexpensive call rates!  

Edit to Add - first, you need to buy some Skype credit using a credit/debit card and then the call charges are deducted and you then top up when you get low.  They offer monthly plans but I just use the pay as you go system.

Edited by hk blues
Added Info

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I use it to call my elderly mum in Aus. She says it sounds like we are in the same room. 

This is using cell phone connected to Skype and her landline.