anyone know of REAL PC shops in or near manila??

dj3642
Posted
Posted

by real.. i mean shops that actually STOCK PC parts such as video cards.. memory.. hard drives cables etc.. i have tried a bunch of places and.. its all very basic.. i really should have stocked up more on stuff before i left US.. but are there any places around to get parts?? i needed to get an adapter for my GPU that used a mini hdmi on the GPU and i wanted to connect to my TV with regular HDMI connector.. thanks all

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, dj3642 said:

by real.. i mean shops that actually STOCK PC parts such as video cards.. memory.. hard drives cables etc.. i have tried a bunch of places and.. its all very basic.. i really should have stocked up more on stuff before i left US.. but are there any places around to get parts?? i needed to get an adapter for my GPU that used a mini hdmi on the GPU and i wanted to connect to my TV with regular HDMI connector.. thanks all

Lazada online shopping sells a bunch of computer parts. I haven't bought any computer parts from them but have bought many other thing from them and have never been disappointed.:smile:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Lazada online shopping sells a bunch of computer parts. I haven't bought any computer parts from them but have bought many other thing from them and have never been disappointed.:smile:

I've bought a few bits n pieces for my PC from Lazada and everything has been OK so far - the packaging has been a bit iffy though but it's going in the trash anyway so no matter

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Most of the 'electronic' parts I've bought from Lazada have been fine, but it's practically impossible to avoid Chines fake crap now, and my last order sorry to say , did include such useless stuff,... so 'buyer beware',  and read the reviews.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm sure there is reputable PC shops that have what you want or can get it for you. 

Google is often your friend or Facebook search. 

• Like 1

dj3642
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

i will look into it. however. i was thinking about doing pc repair work and wanted a shop to stop into..  i prefer looking at the PC stuff in person to make sure it will work..  but thanks for the suggestion. and thanks to everyone else as well :) i will do a bit more googling too..  i have stopped in at advertised PC parts stores around yet.. when i go in and ask them. it turns out all they are is an internet cafe.. 

Edited by dj3642
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, dj3642 said:

i will look into it. however. i was thinking about doing pc repair work and wanted a shop to stop into..  i prefer looking at the PC stuff in person to make sure it will work..  but thanks for the suggestion. and thanks to everyone else as well :) i will do a bit more googling too..  i have stopped in at advertised PC parts stores around yet.. when i go in and ask them. it turns out all they are is an internet cafe.. 

Since I gave you a "like" maybe you can tell me why my PC lately sticks for a few minutes at the Starting Windows screen.:smile: This happened to me awhile back on a different computer and it turned out to be a power supply problem.:89:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, dj3642 said:

i have stopped in at advertised PC parts stores around yet.. when i go in and ask them. it turns out all they are is an internet cafe.. 

I am yet to find a proper PC shop (one that stocks a wide range of components) rather than mostly pre-built PCs in Cagayan De Oro either however strangely there is one in Ozamiz.  They have a pretty extensive range of components and accessories (albeit not a lot of high end very expensive options), including typical gamer cases (sufficient to build up bling type gaming PCs).

I've always wondered why there but not in a larger city.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Once again I feel we are Lucky her in Dumaguete, we have 4/5 pretty fair to middling Shops that may not each have all we require but I have built this one (Desktop) from bare Bones and Found the things I needed from just 2 of the Shops. :wink:

• Like 2

dj3642
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Once again I feel we are Lucky her in Dumaguete, we have 4/5 pretty fair to middling Shops that may not each have all we require but I have built this one (Desktop) from bare Bones and Found the things I needed from just 2 of the Shops. :wink:

both this and the other poster who mentioned ozamiz unfortunately they are both a plane ride away from me. thats why i mentioned manila.  cause i live in Luzon.. i really wish i was near the dumaquete cause it sounds perfect..  thanks all.