Dumaguete Hotel Recomendation....

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Hello All.............My wife and I are visiting Dumaguete for a few days and I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for hotels to stay in?  I don't mind paying for a nice, clean experience.  We're taking the ferry in from Dipolog and this will be our first visit.  Thanks for any advice you can offer......

Peaceful John   

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

Hello All.............My wife and I are visiting Dumaguete for a few days and I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for hotels to stay in?  I don't mind paying for a nice, clean experience.  We're taking the ferry in from Dipolog and this will be our first visit.  Thanks for any advice you can offer......

Peaceful John   

Bethel guest house, Located on the boulevard. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, jimeve said:

.My wife and I are visiting Dumaguete for a few days a

What dates John?

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Peaceful John said:

My wife and I are visiting Dumaguete for a few days

Depends whether you want to be centrally located, i.e. in town OR at a resort out of town and just travel in and out.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't mind paying for a nice, clean experience.  We're taking the ferry in from Dipolog and this will be our first visit.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.

I shall infer that you will arrive without a vehicle.  There are no taxis here and some do not like the "tricycle mafia" so you would do well to stay in the downtown core.

There are many choices.  Nothing wrong with Bethel, as Jim mentioned.  Then there is Nicanor which is reasonable and quite near our meeting place on Thursday.  Another downtown choice is a new place that my friend stayed at recently.  Here are the reviews.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Hotel_Review-g616032-d12831748-Reviews-Fiesole_Residence_Inn-Dumaguete_City_Negros_Oriental_Negros_Island_Visayas.html

There are loads of places now.  Some so new you cannot find them on the Internet yet.  But all the same type of place so for location, reasonable price, and clean quiet room, I would stay at one of those 3.  Advance reservations are helpful this time of year.

• Like 3

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

What dates John?

Jack, We plan to be there this Friday thru Monday.  My wife suddenly realized her passport had expired........

• Haha 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the responses guys........I think we will stay closer to town this first trip.  We are use to the motorcab routine.......thats all we have here in Dipolog.   There's some great places outside of town....... but maybe the next trip.  I've heard a lot of good feedback about your town........Thanks much

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, We plan to be there this Friday thru Monday.  My wife suddenly realized her passport had expired........

What a pity John it is Friday as we will meet Tomorrow at 1 pm at Chin Loong on the boulevard But have a good trip my Friend :smile:

• Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

What a pity John it is Friday as we will meet Tomorrow at 1 pm at Chin Loong on the boulevard But have a good trip my Friend :smile:

Thanks Jack........I will make sure I plan for that next trip.  We plan to be back again in 2 to 3 weeks.  Take care my friend.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

Thanks Jack........I will make sure I plan for that next trip.  We plan to be back again in 2 to 3 weeks.  Take care my friend.

John, The date of the NEXT forum meeting will be the 9th May.  Hope to see you there, it would be nice to hear your views of Dipolog,  I went there a few weeks ago for a couple of nights, seems like a nice place.