Swollen Feet and Ankles (Edema)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

There are many things found Internet to resolve these problem but it really is no a one size fits all, I am not too sure that we  should be dishing out recommendations other than what works for us individually, As I said in an earlier post,it is not necessary just water retention as found on Googled things will tell us but there may be a deeper hidden reason it happens. I still maintain that anyone with recurring Ankle and foot swelling should get it checked out by a Doctor. :thumbsup: 

JMHO But.....................:tiphat:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've Googled vitamin e and know it's useful for nerves also. So now I will have to consult myself and decide what to do

It's the Philippines.  Different docs and pharmacists give different advice and none of them look anything up or even look at your feet.  In your research, Google "peripheral neuropathy and vitamin e"

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, roddavis said:

Dave,

Not trying to hijack this topic, was the numbness in the feet due to Neuropathy(perphial)? I have this, been looking for a way to get rid of this!

( Moved my reply to the correct topic)

Yes.  the numbness is likely related to Neuropathy.  I started taking Vitamin E and it went away.  I cannot say for sure that it totally went away.  I can tell you I stopped noticing it.  That is until my supply of Vitamin E ran out and I did not bother to get more.  Then I started noticing the numbness in my feet again.  I started taking Vitamin E once again and got the same result.  I no longer notice any numbness in my feet.

Here is what I take

E Front.jpgE Back.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I cut back on my beer drinking and I don't experience feet swelling much anymore, when I do drink I prefer to do it earlier in the day and burn it off rather than going straight to bed afterwards.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

I cut back on my beer drinking and I don't experience feet swelling much anymore, when I do drink I prefer to do it earlier in the day and burn it off rather than going straight to bed afterwards.

That's me pissed then, on my 10th san mig. my legs should be like two balloons and it's 1:19 am

• Haha 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

That's me pissed then, on my 10th san mig. my legs should be like two balloons and it's 1:19 am

It could be the hoppy beers I drink.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2019 at 2:00 PM, Jimbouk said:

Well thanks for all of your advice people. Thankfully the swelling has subsided and my ankles look normal now. I should have mentioned in my original post I have experienced the same swelling on previous visits and it has gone down in time. 

Cheers,

Jimbo UK

Its a long flight from london to Manila ,when i wake up i get up and have a walk around the aircraft , i usually do a couple of laps during a flight 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Joe2020 said:

I did some online research and learned that the use of Vitamin B Complex with Alpha Lipoic Acid was a suggested method for fighting the numbness

By coincidence I also use Vitamin B complex in addition to the Vitamin E and a couple of others.  I am a believer in supplements.  It may be that certain combinations work rather than one specific supplement.

For anyone who does not believe in supplements, and who still believes that you can get all the vitamins you need from your daily diet, I agree that it is possible,  However it is more likely that my diet is NOT perfect and I do not get all the vitamins I need from it.  Each person's needs will vary.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 7/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes.  the numbness is likely related to Neuropathy.  I started taking Vitamin E and it went away.  I cannot say for sure that it totally went away.  I can tell you I stopped noticing it.  That is until my supply of Vitamin E ran out and I did not bother to get more.  Then I started noticing the numbness in my feet again.  I started taking Vitamin E once again and got the same result.  I no longer notice any numbness in my feet.

Here is what I take

E Front.jpgE Back.jpg

I just had my GF take a picture of your picture. It's a little blurry but she said she can zoom in enough to show the people at Mercury drugs what I'm talking about. Many thanks for the info. When she went there previously they said they had no such thing.:cheersty: 

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 7/6/2019 at 4:00 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is what I take

E Front.jpgE Back.jpg

Got some at Mercury drugs this morning. Thanks for your help. Doctor GF says to take one in the morning and one at night. I'll try that. Thanks again.:biggrin:

• Like 2