Now this is Nice!

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Fully agree Jack .....as a hoarder I would have major storage problems in these tiny houses:bonk:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Slightly off topic, but I watch some of these Tiny Homes TV shows - the thing that gets me is where the people put their "stuff"?  I could live in a tiny house but my stuff couldn't! 

Major part of that lifestyle is eliminating “stuff”.

Same could be said moving to Philippines? 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

Slightly off topic, but I watch some of these Tiny Homes TV shows - the thing that gets me is where the people put their "stuff"?

They have a "large" storage shed behind the "tiny" house? :hystery:

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

Major part of that lifestyle is eliminating “stuff”.

Same could be said moving to Philippines? 

Absolutely - but there is literally no storage space in some of those units and everybody has some stuff they need.  I've even seen some 4-person families buying them - I just cannot see how it's doable for them!

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, JJReyes said:

We gave away all our things ending up with a 5' x 5' locker containing family photographs, momentous, boys' trophies, etc.  You learn to become minimalists.  For example, cooking with one 2-quarts pot and one frying pan.  (The RV has a convection/microwave.)  Clothes are purchased and discarded throughout the year.  You end with the same number.  The RV parks have laundry rooms which we use once a week.  How much "stuff" do you really need?

Fair point - but how much stuff do we need v how much stuff do we want is the challenge

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Don't know why so many restrictions are put on relatively harmless vehicles, and if OAPs... their occupants. 

Even the ones the size of a bus. Plenty of buses on our roads, and parked up here and there.

What about the millions of 'semi' trucks, with living accomo' behind the cab ?  Do they get victimised too ? 

As a young lad of 18 I lived in a 'motorhome', while also pulling a mobile shop trailer behind it... and got paid for it.  Going around motor race meetings and other outside events all over the UK.  

This was always my dream home:  :biggrin:

45463603_10157776943082506_1071160518590332928_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

Fair point - but how much stuff do we need v how much stuff do we want is the challenge

There is a Tibetan Buddhist saying, "The richest man is the person who has nothing." We found out that giving nearly everything away lowered our stress level.  If we need to entertain, it is at a restaurant rather than worry about food preparation at home.  No mortgage.  Everything is now on a cash basis.  Credit cards are a convenience and the balance automatically debited from our checking account each month.  We buy stuff, but something has to be given away through Goodwill or Salvation Army because of limited space.  

• Like 2