Yorkshire puddings.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My grandmother would roll over in her grave!  That's a pop-over, not Yorkshire...   You have to add drippings from the meat for Yorkshire...   And thus doesn't rise as high...   It works best if you make it in a cast frying pan rather than the individual servings...  Gawd but I miss my roast beast and Yorkie...!

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Made some Yorkshire puddings earlier they came out quite well.  ingredients

1/2 cup of flour

2 eggs

100ml milk 

seasoning to taste.

Add the eggs to the flour and beat when the mix is smooth slowly add the milk stirring as you do. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 220-250f  until brown.

Next time I will use only 1 egg as they tasted a bit eggy.

.SAM_3558.JPGSAM_3559.JPG

That's looking good Kev, Noime said she will try and make some.  Is that stuffing on the plate? 

Rayj
Posted
Posted (edited)

220 - 250 ? Surprising. I just saw a recipe in our local newspaper for popovers and the author added as a side note: “ add beef drippings for Yorkshire pudding “. So that’s what it is ?

Edited by Rayj

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

That's looking good Kev, Noime said she will try and make some.  Is that stuffing on the plate? 

Yep sage and onion and broad beans I then put the gravy on with some mint sauce.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

That`s how we make them in the UK so not pop-overs.

• 1 month later...
Balisidar
Posted
Posted
On 4/21/2019 at 4:00 AM, Rayj said:

220 - 250 ? Surprising. I just saw a recipe in our local newspaper for popovers and the author added as a side note: “ add beef drippings for Yorkshire pudding “. So that’s what it is ?

Don't you also put a little suet in the pan, heat it up first and then pour in the batter for Yorkshire pudding?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

You need cinnamon rolls for breakfast not Yorkshire pudding!  No wonder the Americans ran away from you Brits and started their own country. :hystery:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

You need cinnamon rolls for breakfast not Yorkshire pudding!  No wonder the Americans ran away from you Brits and started their own country. :hystery:

Yorkshire puddings are traditionally eaten on a Sunday afternoon with  roast beef. 

Breakfast traditionally Full English. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast!... Are you French ?:th_thbarbaque:  

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

'Pop-overs' ?

What on earth are they ?

Not to be confused with proper Yorkshire Puds !

Yes... I am a Yorkshireman, born and bred ... and my ancestors were making them before the USA had seen a settler.  :tongue: 

• Like 3