Yorkshire puddings.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
On 4/21/2019 at 3:28 PM, sonjack2847 said:

Made some Yorkshire puddings earlier they came out quite well.  ingredients

I was just reviewing some older posts...

My Mom made Yorkshire pudding every time we had the occasional roast beef.

She made them in muffin pans and they were always sort of collapsed in the middle from meat juices or ??? She filled those "wells" in the puddings with gravy. It was possibly the best part of those dinners for me!

They did not look quite like yours. I never knew how she did them, but they were sooooo good! She was American, but embraced cooking Canadian and British dishes. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

She made them in muffin pans

Tom Yorkshire puddings are made in the Oven, That is why they rise.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Tom Yorkshire puddings are made in the Oven, That is why they rise.

Agreed, Jack... But my Mom's were always sort of sunk in the middle and that's where she would pour some gravy. Maybe she was not making them correctly? All I remember is that they were soooo good!!!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Agreed, Jack... But my Mom's were always sort of sunk in the middle and that's where she would pour some gravy. Maybe she was not making them correctly? All I remember is that they were soooo good!!!

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg then not made properly Tom, badly made Yorkshire Puddings =  Indigestion, say no more

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

How sad... all those years I enjoyed those and they were not made properly... I don't remember being sick from them, but that doesn't mean anything... So many years ago...

Well... Thanks for the education. I will try to make them properly from the recipe in this thread...

Edited by Tommy T.

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 4/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, i am bob said:

My grandmother would roll over in her grave!  That's a pop-over, not Yorkshire...   You have to add drippings from the meat for Yorkshire...   And thus doesn't rise as high...   It works best if you make it in a cast frying pan rather than the individual servings...  Gawd but I miss my roast beast and Yorkie...!

So there i was in Kampot in Cambodia a few weeks back and Im thinking where to go for sunday lunch. Google told me that a bar was serving roast beef and yorkshire puddings... and although the surroundings werent that salubrious , for my Usd 7.50 I had  excellent roast beef ( Australian not Cambodian lol ) two really good Yorkshires, peas carrots roast potatoes that were nice and crunchy , and a large portion of gravy. Was excellent. And being a yorkshireman I do appreciate when a yorkshire pud is well made.

The other best one ive had in past year was somewhere in Pattaya.

Havent found anywhere in Manila that makes well...but i hear Howzat sports bar does a sunday roast again.

• Like 3