At the dentist.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My crown I had fitted 6 years ago in Dalaguete Cebu at a cost of p500 broke and was slowly breaking off bit by bit. So I get myself an appointment and go and see the one I used a few weeks ago. There was a small girl in the treatment room having something done and she was(as is expected) kicking a fuss. When I got in there I asked the dentist what treatment she had, the answer shocked me as she was having a mold done for a future root canal.

I asked how old she was and was shocked again at the answer 4 years old. What! I never heard of kids so young having to have root canals. The dentist told me it is getting more prevalent as the parents don`t clean the kid's teeth enough when they are young. I answered well if you have a small income and have to choose between a sachet of toothpaste or a can of sardines it is understandable the dentist said these are not poor people, me of course as they don`t come to a dentist like this one. She said the parents are too lazy to look after their kids properly. WOW

So I am wondering as DH did earlier where do the poor people go to the dentist, is there a state dentist which is relatively cheap?

My new porcelain crown will be fitted soon at a cost of p8k ish.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I asked how old she was and was shocked again at the answer 4 years old. What! I never heard of kids so young having to have root canals.

:89: Root canals on baby teeth and at 4, I suspect they are still, :whatever: Trumping up business? comes to mind :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Root canals on baby teeth and at 4, I suspect they are still, :whatever: Trumping up business? comes to mind :mellow:

How sincere she was in her answers I doubt that but hey who knows.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Root canal on a baby tooth that will fall out in a few years?  Doesn't make sense.  If it is causing pain, you would pull it and wait for the adult tooth to come in.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Root canal on a baby tooth that will fall out in a few years?  Doesn't make sense.  If it is causing pain, you would pull it and wait for the adult tooth to come in.

She took the mould and said it was for the future when the baby tooth goes. I didn`t ask any more and have not really come across root canals before

. Maybe you`re right and it is for a temporary tooth.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

where do the poor people go to the dentist

I think they just let the back teeth rot out.  And not just poor people.  Of course, they will pay to have the front ones fixed because people can see them.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think they just let the back teeth rot out.  And not just poor people.  Of course, they will pay to have the front ones fixed because people can see them.

So how do they eat chicharron? Haha do they suck it my oh my!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

People add so much sugar to everything here. Even the street bbq guys add it to their sauce. It's in the bread..it's everywhere. :unsure: 

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

She took the mould and said it was for the future when the baby tooth goes. I didn`t ask any more and have not really come across root canals before

. Maybe you`re right and it is for a temporary tooth.

How can she take a mold in a babytooth, for a future rootcanal in a new teeth?? :89:

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

How can she take a mold in a babytooth, for a future rootcanal in a new teeth?? :89:

I know nothing about root canals but she sounded sincere I don`t know maybe I take people at face value too much. Like I said I have not come across root canals before.

• Like 1