NAIA Terminal 3, Are Porters available?

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted

Like others have mentioned, I have disabilities that make it difficult to travel from airport to airport and gate to gate. I had so many work injuries that required several operations. Things got worse in November 2018, I had a stroke and a pacemaker installed.

Im going to need porters to help me through the Terminals.. The final destination in NAIA terminal 3 I will need the wheelchair and somebody to help me with my luggage (a first for me):shock_40_anim_gif:Any suggestions doing so when i come in, Ive already contacted the airlines about such issues that I have. Going through security for a body scan and having a pacemaker can cause issues for me. I wouldnt mind or offer tips to those that help me, BUT.. can I tip them in US cash, or it has to PhP?

Thanks in advance..

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tito Jon said:

can I tip them in US cash

To be honest you could probably tip them in empty aluminum cans and they would take it :hystery:

But seriously, one of the best things about the Philippines is the level of personal service. I am positive that you will be met by a wheel chair porter. Wheeled through customs, baggage, immigration to the taxi stand and assisted into the taxi. You want to see a big smile? Slip each one an Abe Lincoln and they will treat you like royalty.

Oh and welcome to the forum. 

• Like 5

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

To be honest you could probably tip them in empty aluminum cans and they would take it :hystery:

But seriously, one of the best things about the Philippines is the level of personal service. I am positive that you will be met by a wheel chair porter. Wheeled through customs, baggage, immigration to the taxi stand and assisted into the taxi. You want to see a big smile? Slip each one an Abe Lincoln and they will treat you like royalty.

Oh and welcome to the forum. 

Thanks for the advice and the welcoming!!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tito Jon said:

I wouldnt mind or offer tips to those that help me, BUT.. can I tip them in US cash, or it has to PhP?

Why dont you save yourself some hassel and get some peso before you arrive. Enough to last a day or two since its harder for you to get around. 

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend travels here regularly and has diabetes. He is put in a wheelchair at Heathrow and when he gets to the other he is again in a wheelchair and ushered around. I don`t think you will have any problems with getting around the airport.

• Like 2

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why dont you save yourself some hassel and get some peso before you arrive. Enough to last a day or two since its harder for you to get around. 

5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Either or.. Im sure its more difficult for them to have the US cash changed over into PhP.

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

My friend travels here regularly and has diabetes. He is put in a wheelchair at Heathrow and when he gets to the other he is again in a wheelchair and ushered around. I don`t think you will have any problems with getting around the airport.

I havent been through this kind of struggles before and Im sure my anxiety will kick up a notch or 2 while traveling. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Tito Jon said:

more difficult for them

there are more places to change money here than there are 7-11s there in the states, hmmm wait a minute, there are more 7-11s here than in the states :hystery:. To be serious though there are exchange booth all over the airport if your worried about it. But trust me on this one, the Philippines is a lot like Panama, the Peso might be the official currency but dollars are gladly accepted.

47 minutes ago, Tito Jon said:

Im sure my anxiety will kick up a notch or 2

Don't sweat the small stuff buddy. While there are many complexities about living here day to day life is not all that much different (service wise). I don't know what part of the states your from or where your final destination is but traveling in and around Manila is a lot live going to an immigrant neighborhood is say San Diego, or Los Angeles. You are surrounded by folks speaking foreign but all the signs are in English and most if not all the people you are likely to come into contact with speak English.

Where will you be going and for how long is your visit. Perhaps we can put your mind at rest a bit.

• Like 3

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

there are more places to change money here than there are 7-11s there in the states, hmmm wait a minute, there are more 7-11s here than in the states :hystery:. To be serious though there are exchange booth all over the airport if your worried about it. But trust me on this one, the Philippines is a lot like Panama, the Peso might be the official currency but dollars are gladly accepted.

Don't sweat the small stuff buddy. While there are many complexities about living here day to day life is not all that much different (service wise). I don't know what part of the states your from or where your final destination is but traveling in and around Manila is a lot live going to an immigrant neighborhood is say San Diego, or Los Angeles. You are surrounded by folks speaking foreign but all the signs are in English and most if not all the people you are likely to come into contact with speak English.

Where will you be going and for how long is your visit. Perhaps we can put your mind at rest a bit.

The money thing doesnt bother me. I dropped my step dad off at the Tampa FL airport this morning and went to the gate with him. They didnt take me thru the metal detector (thank god), and they took us through the queve line in a hurry. After doing that for the first time, going forward I'll be alright!!

I will be going to Northern Luzon (again) and staying for a month or 2. I will get married there, come home and work on the I130 spousal visa!! I cant wait.

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tito Jon said:

I will be going to Northern Luzon (again) and staying for a month or 2. I will get married there, come home and work on the I130 spousal visa!! I cant wait.

Since you are not sure about the details of the airport etc can I assume the lady you are meeting is someone you have not met in person before but then again you say going to Luzon again ?