Major Hit In Sta Rosa

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is not an expat related news story, but it scares the heck out of me, and I am an expat.  It is sickening to see such callous disregard for life, no matter the circumstances, and a baby was involved, but not killed.

Warning:  Graphic violence in the following video.  I tried to find out more about the story but there is very little out there.  A few lame stories.  The second link below is the most I could find.  PNP says no worries, everything is fine.

https://news.mb.com.ph/2019/06/07/pnp-orders-speedy-probe-of-daring-ambush-in-laguna/

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Very short story in Manila Times.

3 dead men 8 month old baby wounded. Suspects remain unidentfied. No other details. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted

According to the story the men that were killed had been or currently involved in the drug trade. So there likely was a drug related reason for the killings. Similar things happen on the south side of Chicago all the time. It is scary that you could be an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, earthdome said:

According to the story the men that were killed had been or currently involved in the drug trade. So there likely was a drug related reason for the killings. Similar things happen on the south side of Chicago all the time. It is scary that you could be an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire.

I translated a bunch of comments from the Twitter post and many insinuate that the police were involved.  I find that hard to believe, given the broad daylight circumstances and number of hit men involved.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

I translated a bunch of comments from the Twitter post and many insinuate that the police were involved.  I find that hard to believe, given the broad daylight circumstances and number of hit men involved.

Not sure I agree with that. If it was an extra judicial killing by police would they fire at innocent bystanders?

Gator
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

If it’s a drug related killing then, given the amount of extra judicial murders, that would be the logical conclusion by ill informed locals. But perhaps their involvement was that they were paid to stay away from that area at a certain time? 

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

It seems from the video that the gunmen acted in an organized, cover each other, manner.  Similar to a police or other type organization. Additionally, when looking at the bodies and build of the 4 gunmen, again they look similar to police versus druggie hit men.  Just my thoughts........

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Does anyone else find if odd how well this video captures the entire scene.  It is almost like whoever took the video knew what was going to happen, framed the scene, and waits for the action to begin.  During the shooting and flight from the scene, the filmer follows the action smoothly with no shake or jitter.  Were I wanting to investigate the shooting, I would be anxious to speak with the person who took the video.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Does anyone else find if odd how well this video captures the entire scene.  It is almost like whoever took the video knew what was going to happen, framed the scene, and waits for the action to begin.  During the shooting and flight from the scene, the filmer follows the action smoothly with no shake or jitter.  Were I wanting to investigate the shooting, I would be anxious to speak with the person who took the video.

I agree Mike. How could there be any other explanation?

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

The article said a CCTV camera was used to catch the footage so no one was holding the camera. Alot of cities are going to CCTV cameras that are monitored to cut down on crime. Maybe this area was considered a high crime area.