Major Hit In Sta Rosa

Mick
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

The article said a CCTV camera was used to catch the footage so no one was holding the camera. Alot of cities are going to CCTV cameras that are monitored to cut down on crime. Maybe this area was considered a high crime area.

49 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I agree Mike. How could there be any other explanation?

Of course its a cctv, you can see the menu panel on the right, the screen is filmed by a phone, glad you guys aren't in my defence team.... Lol

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I agree Mike. How could there be any other explanation?

Watch it again.  This version of the video is someone holding a phone (probably) and videoing a CCTV monitor or perhaps a monitor at the police station.  Hand shake is coming from the person holding the phone.  If you watch closely, the screen video is static.  Look at the date/time stamp at the top.  It stays on the trees the whole time.  When the red van leaves, the phone follows it on the upper left corner of the monitor, but the date/time stamp remains on the trees.  The wide angle of CCTV lens captures quite a large area.

Also, probably not in this case, but you would be surprised what the latest and greatest CCTV systems can do.  Once they recognize a human face, they can track it, zoom in, increase resolution, and try to get a good facial recognition shot.  Pretty amazing!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Thanks 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

The article said a CCTV camera was used to catch the footage so no one was holding the camera.

I see that now, but you can still see that the camera has framed the scene.  It then follows all the action (both pan and zoom) and the shooters as the flee the scene.  So, even if CCTV, someone had to have been controlling that specific camera at the time of the shooting.   Either someone knew what was going to happen or they were really good at their job.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Watch it again.  This version of the video is someone holding a phone (probably) and videoing a CCTV monitor or perhaps a monitor at the police station.  Hand shake is coming from the person holding the phone.  If you watch closely, the screen video is static.  Look at the date/time stamp at the top.  It stays on the trees the whole time.  When the red van leaves, the phone follows it on the upper left corner of the monitor, but the date/time stamp remains on the trees.  The wide angle of CCTV lens captures quite a large area.

Ah, okay.  It makes sense now.  

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Fooled me for sure. :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the cell phone video was taken after the shooting during a replay of the CCTV footage by the operator.

• Like 1