8K TV

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

When I bought my first 4K TV back in 2013, there was hardly any 4K content at all to watch, but now I’m finally able to watch loads of 4K movies and TV shows.

Now that we’ve reached the age of the 8K TV, I’m just wondering if it will take a very long time to get a sufficient amount of content to justify the purchase of upgrading to 8K.

I think that I’m just gonna wait and see, and also look for the prices to come down.  At one time, I was an early adopter, but times and experiences have changed my perspective.

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

hahaha, we still have limited HD 1080p channels over here. Most stations are still 480p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

hahaha, we still have limited HD 1080p channels over here. Most stations are still 480p

I'm still going through the culture shock of watching Filipino TV in HD/1080p on the Filipino Channel since I never had HD in the Phils.  Plus, for what's it's worth, it's subtitled in English over here.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Plus, for what's it's worth, it's subtitled in English over here.

I wish they'd do that in the Philippines (but I get why they don't).

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I look at 8k as being a halfway house just like 720p was. I'd wait a bit longer for the real thing.

• Hmm thinking 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I look at 8k as being a halfway house just like 720p was. I'd wait a bit longer for the real thing.

Maybe it will be Holographic TV?

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Satellite TV uses 1080i over here, are at least mine does. (Cignal) Still has the same pixels but one is interlaced and the other p, progressive scan. Can't see any difference TBH.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

When I bought my first 4K TV back in 2013, there was hardly any 4K content at all to watch, but now I’m finally able to watch loads of 4K movies and TV shows.

Now that we’ve reached the age of the 8K TV, I’m just wondering if it will take a very long time to get a sufficient amount of content to justify the purchase of upgrading to 8K.

I think that I’m just gonna wait and see, and also look for the prices to come down.  At one time, I was an early adopter, but times and experiences have changed my perspective.

4k 8k Smart tv? I have no idea what any of it means and don't really want to. I have a 39 inch TCL LED tv that I can watch whatever programs I wan't via USB that I download from the internet. Maybe I'm old fashioned?:hystery:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Satellite TV uses 1080i over here, are at least mine does. (Cignal) Still has the same pixels but one is interlaced and the other p, progressive scan. Can't see any difference TBH.

Cignal tv really sucks. As does Sky and all of the other ones. They just keep showing the same thing over and over again in a loop and hope we don't notice it. That's why I download the stuff I want to watch.:hungover_40_anim_gif: 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Cignal tv really sucks. As does Sky and all of the other ones. They just keep showing the same thing over and over again in a loop and hope we don't notice it. That's why I download the stuff I want to watch.:hungover_40_anim_gif: 

I know, gets to me too all repeats.

• Haha 1