Us Visitors Visa Applications

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

You can download an application for a 3 month visa which I believe is actually only good for 60 days and then you need a renewal but since I have never had to use a visa, I am not positive of that. Anyone wish to comment? You can download the application here

Guardian
Posted
Posted
You can download an application for a 3 month visa which I believe is actually only good for 60 days and then you need a renewal but since I have never had to use a visa, I am not positive of that. Anyone wish to comment? You can download the application here
Thank you Lee. You sent that to me a while ago but I lost it and that is the route I would I would go if there is enough time once I get my vacation confirmed.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Thank you Lee. You sent that to me a while ago but I lost it and that is the route I would I would go if there is enough time once I get my vacation confirmed.
You are welcome and for those of you in the south east side of Florida or who are willing to make a trip, there is a consulate in Fort Lauderdale. Added, but be sure to contact them first to make sure they have what you need, they were out of visas recently according to a friend of mine who recently went to the Philippines. Philippine Consulate South Florida Edited by Mr. Lee

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Why bother with a visa,just arrive in the Philippines and get your 21 day entry permit stamped in your passport then get the extensions before the 21 days is up.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Why bother with a visa,just arrive in the Philippines and get your 21 day entry permit stamped in your passport then get the extensions before the 21 days is up.
It is less expensive to get one ahead of time.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
The visa is issued for either 3, 6, or 12 months. During the validity of the visa you may enter the Philippines as many times as you wish. Each time you enter you can stay 59 days. If you want to stay more than 59 consecutive days you need an extension. I used this visa in the past and it really saved a lot of money. I stayed in the Philippines a total of 10 out of 12 months and never paid anything for extensions. If you want to make the Philippines your home base for travel throughout SE Asia, the 12 month visa is a great bargain. It cost me about $100 for the visa.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I have read and heard (I know) that the airline is subject to fines for taking you to the Philippines if your return trip is more then 21 days out and you don't have a visa and they can refuse to board you on those grounds. Like everything else, there's tons of misinformation and I don't want to contribute to that but it's not worth the risk to me. Last time, I mailed the application, passport, fees, etc to the Philippine Embassy in Washington and got the visa through them and am doing the same for the trip in Feb. Also, don't want to deal with the BI when I'm on vacation.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have read and heard (I know) that the airline is subject to fines for taking you to the Philippines if your return trip is more then 21 days out and you don't have a visa and they can refuse to board you on those grounds. Like everything else, there's tons of misinformation and I don't want to contribute to that but it's not worth the risk to me. Last time, I mailed the application, passport, fees, etc to the Philippine Embassy in Washington and got the visa through them and am doing the same for the trip in Feb. Also, don't want to deal with the BI when I'm on vacation.
Just to verifyThe airline will not be fined for your trip being over 21 days however they can be fined if you do not have an onward ticket out of the country and they let you board.In my case I always get stamped at the airport in Cebu and extend later,no need to go to BI,travel agents do it for you or our member Paul,(ancienrocka) can also http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/I do remember once here in Australia at the Singapore airlines check in the girl asked about the length of my stay as it was over 21 days, I versed her in the laws of the land and visas and she said well you know more than me about it all so happy flying.cheersty.gif

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe the airline can legally refuse you boarding if your return flight is greater then 21 days and you don't have a visa. Whether they do it or not is a different matter but it has happened. Each airline has it's own ever-changing policies; much of which is subject to the interpretation and whim of the employee. The next ticket agent may have a diffferent perspective.I did some quick searches and couldn't find anything "official" but here are a couple of related articles:http://en.allexperts.../10/visa-13.htmhttp://answers.yahoo...29022103AAahEPBIt probably wouldn't happen but I would rather err on the side of caution and get it beforehand.

Edited by MikeB

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I believe the airline can legally refuse you boarding if your return flight is greater then 21 days and you don't have a visa. Whether they do it or not is a different matter but it has happened. Each airline has it's own ever-changing policies; much of which is subject to the interpretation and whim of the employee. The next ticket agent may have a diffferent perspective.I did some quick searches and couldn't find anything "official" but here are a couple of related articles:http://en.allexperts.../10/visa-13.htmhttp://answers.yahoo...29022103AAahEPBIt probably wouldn't happen but I would rather err on the side of caution and get it beforehand.
Exactly how I feel, better to be safe than sorry and I have known people who ended up having to buy another ticket before some airline such as Korean Airlines would let them on the flight from Seoul to Cebu.