" You`re Road "

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

robert k
Posted
Posted

Looks like one of those people who can't eat anything with a face. I don't know the subject from the brief video but I'm leaning towards the Philippines not being for him. I don't eat barbecue chicken intestines for choice but I have eaten them and if that's what's being served, I would eat some rather than embarrass people.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

I would eat some rather than embarrass people.

I always try to do the same (with the exception of balut)... so, I may have already ruffled some feathers.  :ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I always try to do the same (with the exception of balut)... so, I may have already ruffled some feathers.  :ohmy:

No shame there, many Filipinos don't eat Balut.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Yes, balut is my one exception (so far) although I confess to being glad that eating live squid isn't a Philippines dish as well (cooked is fine though).

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Honestly speaking, If I don't like the look of something I couldn't eat it just to be polite - much as I might like to.  Luckily, I'm not a fussy eater but I draw the line at eating things my mind cannot tolerate.  

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I eat everything I like but if I don’t like it I will not eat it, I have a very understanding wife , she knows what I like to eat and cannot eat so if we are out somewhere she makes sure the things I will not eat will not be on my plate, but sometimes the things she likes are placed on my plate knowing she has seconds without having to get up and queue again.

• Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

For me there are two ways of looking at that video.

If through lack of knowledge, you offer someone something they don't eat because of Religious belief, it shouldn't be looked upon as offensive. I would think from that video clip they were not aware that might be the case.

On the other hand out of respect for your host you should try not to cause offence, with your lack of knowledge that Lechon is a National dish serve at special occasions for the majority of Filipino get-togethers, for those who can afford.

Edited by Kuya John
retracted last sentence for good reason

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

For me there are two ways of looking at that video.

If through lack of knowledge, you offer someone something they don't eat because of Religious belief, it shouldn't be looked upon as offensive. I would think from that video clip they were not aware that might be the case.

On the other hand out of respect for your host you should try not to cause offence, with your lack of knowledge that Lechon is a National dish serve at special occasions for the majority of Filipino get-togethers, for those who can afford.

For me there is a third way of looking at it.  It is scripted reality TV so everything is set up to maximize controversy and drama.  Most, if not all, reality TV is done like this.

This video went viral a year or more ago and we discussed it then.    The reason it went viral was mainly because of her pronunciation of rude.  Not so much the food part.  Filipinos got a kick out of the "You're Road" comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, robert k said:

Looks like one of those people who can't eat anything with a face. I don't know the subject from the brief video but I'm leaning towards the Philippines not being for him. I don't eat barbecue chicken intestines for choice but I have eaten them and if that's what's being served, I would eat some rather than embarrass people.

I don't eat what I don't want to eat. I'm too dang old and set in my ways to care what other people think about it.:wink:

• Like 3