Philippine bank question PDIC

hk blues
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah, I guess you are right. Apples to oranges? It just seems to me that however you are trying to move money around works, but is a bit complicated as you already said. I was just trying to offer or suggest there might be an easier way for you... But, since you don't think you will need to do that for a while makes it sort of a moot point right now? Maybe things will get easier in the future too? I am certainly no expert on the matter and several others here had some good ideas regarding how they transfer money. As one of them said, each of us has our way that we like and feel comfortable with...

You're completely missing my point - what I did worked perfectly for my situation i.e. transferring pesos to a bank which did not accept pesos.  It's no more complicated than that!

• I'm Confused 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah, I guess you are right. Apples to oranges? It just seems to me that however you are trying to move money around works, but is a bit complicated as you already said. I was just trying to offer or suggest there might be an easier way for you... But, since you don't think you will need to do that for a while makes it sort of a moot point right now? Maybe things will get easier in the future too? I am certainly no expert on the matter and several others here had some good ideas regarding how they transfer money. As one of them said, each of us has our way that we like and feel comfortable with...

Brief interjection into the A-B conversation. If you have funds outside the Philippines, I wouldn't try to send funds you have  in the Philippines unless I absolutely had to as anything Philippines seems to add a layer of complexity. If for example I sold a yacht / house, I just wouldn't be bringing money into the Philippines for some years. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, robert k said:

I just wouldn't be bringing money into the Philippines for some years. 

Agree, but would maybe split it among a few of the bigger banks just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

dj3642
Posted
Posted
On 7/7/2019 at 10:44 AM, OnMyWay said:

I use my Chase bank account to wire money.  It can be set up online.  I don't wire money unless I need a large amount, due to the fees.

so you have a chase bank open in the US and then one here?? and you can transfer money overseas online???

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, dj3642 said:

so you have a chase bank open in the US and then one here?? and you can transfer money overseas online???

No, BPI here.  Wire transfer from Chase to BPI.  They limit it to $25,000 last time I did it for buying my house here.  And the cost was $40.00 from Chase and then BPI charges $6.00 for incoming wire.

dj3642
Posted
Posted
On 7/8/2019 at 2:57 AM, bastonjock said:

Has anyone ever tried to send money back to either the UK or the USA ?

i moved some money back to the US from here in the phils.. it took about10 days.. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, dj3642 said:

I have Chase also and I hate electronic banking but it does work. It has been easier for me to use Western Union to withdraw money directly from my Chase account for pickup at WU location. I can send $3,000 for $4. If I were buying a condo or house, I would use a Chase wire transfer to a local bank account. I carry a fairly large amount of money with me when I fly in and I have never had a problem doing that.

dj3642
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

No, BPI here.  Wire transfer from Chase to BPI.  They limit it to $25,000 last time I did it for buying my house here.  And the cost was $40.00 from Chase and then BPI charges $6.00 for incoming wire.

ok so you go to your online account for chase in the US and can move money to BPI i guess using  the routing number , swift code and all that .. to your BPI account??

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, dj3642 said:

ok so you go to your online account for chase in the US and can move money to BPI i guess using  the routing number , swift code and all that .. to your BPI account??

Right

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, hk blues said:

Basically,  filled in the request form and then had to physically change pesos to dollars and then transfer the dollars to Hong Kong

I think I am totally confused and am missing your point completely, hk...sorry.

>You're completely missing my point - what I did worked perfectly for my situation i.e. transferring pesos to a bank which did not accept pesos.  It's no more complicated than that!<

This is the only way I could figure out how to quote your last comment here. Your last message said you sent pesos from Philippines to Hong Kong as pesos to a bank that would otherwise refuse them? Before that you wrote that you had to exchange pesos to dollars...

Did I miss something. I will drink my strong coffee now and see if I can understand what you have been telling me.

Edited by Tommy T.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic