Serial Stabbings in Dumaguete

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1075659

******One victim was stabbed while eating at a hamburger joint, another one was riding with a friend who was driving a motorcycle, and another victim was attacked at the “tempurahan”, an area at the boulevard where “tempura” stalls are set up at night.******

Full report at head of Page

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

"[Lt. Col. Gregorio Galsim]...assured the people that there is nothing to worry about..."

Just some nutbag tooling around on a scooter, stabbing random people with an ice pick. No worries! :sad:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They have released cctv footage in an effort to identify the man. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I was once accused of being a cereal  killer.

Cereal-Killer.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

They have released cctv footage in an effort to identify the man. 

The Man? Todays news says it is a gang of 3.( 2 on a bike and the third as lookout)  I daresay we will have updates later

• I'm Confused 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Man? Todays news says it is a gang of 3.( 2 on a bike and the third as lookout)  I daresay we will have updates later

According to Heads up on facebook it's fake news. 

Hulagway ug Kasikas sa Dumaguete

• I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

According to Heads up on facebook it's fake news. 

So why the concerns of the PNP and the Mayor. FB Propaganda?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So why the concerns of the PNP and the Mayor. FB Propaganda?

That might explain why they told the public "not to worry". :whistling:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

That might explain why they told the public "not to worry". :whistling:

The Incident is real enough I am sure but the media hype has turned into what seems a fake but I am firmly convinced that the Authorities are not really on top of this. Are they even beginning to look at Hits of some sort? I doubt it. The Media called it a serial issue  and now have I guess, been told to lay off it so to do this is they just shout FAKE and YET they are the ones responsible for the irresponsibility of what could turn the other way if we get any Copycat incidents to cover other motives for Attacks by others  :56da64a10ceee_1(235):

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

The Incident is real enough

Yes, the article Jim refers to says the 3 incidents that started all the gossip are real enough, but there have been no such incidents since then and they are discouraging Fake gossip which inflames the situation.  That makes sense as it hinders the investigation and may incite copy-cats.

Spoiler

ON FAKE REPORTS OF STABBING SPREE;
NETIZENS URGED TO STOP SPREADING UNVERIFIED REPORTS

FOR THE RECORD, Dumaguete City Chief-of-Police Lt. Col. Gregorio Galsim states the following:

1. There were only three victims who were stabbed in the morning of July 20, no other similar incidents were recorded as of this time

2. The suspects or persons of interest are now being profiled by the police for appropriate action, including possible filing of charges

3. The PNP is reviewing CCTV footage to help unmask the perpetrators

4. In compliance to the directive of Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo more patrols and checkpoints are being conducted particularly in bars, restaurants, call centers and Internet cafes

5. There are police officers present and assigned in the police outpost at Portal West 
6. There is no serial killer on the loose
7. There is no proof that the pointed object used in the stabbing was contaminated with HIV

8. Lt. Col. Galsiim urged the members of the public to be more responsible by not spreading fake and exaggerated reports of stabbings which only tend to exacerbate the situation and create panic

9. The PNP is on top of the situation and will not rest until the suspects are captured and behind bars

10. Again, should there be any untoward incident or suspicious persons kindly contact the local police through these numbers

Source: Dumaguete City PIO

(035) 225-1766
09179330022 Globe
09292006999 Smart

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1