HSBC Philippines

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Does any me member have an account with HSBC Philippines, if so which account, how does it work and is it worth it. I have an HSBC Advance accout here in the UK.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Does any me member have an account with HSBC Philippines, if so which account, how does it work and is it worth it. I have an HSBC Advance accout here in the UK.

I don't, but did in Hong Kong.  A quick look at their FB page here doesn't exactly sing their praises but who knows? 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I have an HSBC account in the UK and also the Philippines.  I thoroughly recommend it.  I registered for an Advance account.  This gives you two accounts side by side.  A pound Sterling savings account and a Peso account.  You can Global link all accounts.

I get my Armed Forces pension paid into my UK account and I can transfer it instantly free of charge to my Philippines Sterling account.  I watch the exchange rate and when it's beneficial change it to Peso.  I lose maybe 1/2 Peso on the day exchange rate.  

I get two debit cards that allow me to draw up to 50k peso daily free of charge at most ATMs.

That's good to know, what is the Total relationship balance about, is having a minimum balance of 100k.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

I have an HSBC account in the UK and also the Philippines.

Gary, where are the HSBC Branches in the PI? I can only find CEBU as I trawl about Cheers:smile:

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Gary, where are the HSBC Branches in the PI? I can only find CEBU as I trawl about Cheers:smile:

There are branches in Manila, 4 I think, plus one in Cebu and one in Davao. 6 in total, or so I read when I looked into it a few years ago.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, virginprune said:

I think, plus one in Cebu

Not really Viable for us on Negros but thank you for the reply :tiphat:

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not really Viable for us on Negros but thank you for the reply :tiphat:

Your welcome :smile:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

That's good to know, what is the Total relationship balance about, is having a minimum balance of 100k.

Yes a minimum of 100k.  I set mine up with the HSBC at Enterprise Tower in Makati.  Took about 8 days to complete with cards in my hand.  Everything once registered can be done on line so no need to ever visit them once set up.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Yes a minimum of 100k.

Can we presume that is Peso?

• Haha 1