Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Can we presume that is Peso?

Sorry.  Yes Peso

• Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As a quick example of the Pound to Peso exchange rate, I transfered £1,000 last night into Peso.  The rate on the World Exchange was 62.95 Peso to the Pound.  The HSBC exchanged it at 63.32 Peso to the Pound.  Way better I think than you will get by doing it from most banks.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not really Viable for us on Negros but thank you for the reply :tiphat:

I've not been to my branch for more than 10 years, probably more like 15. As you can draw up to 50,000 pesos a day (multiple transactions) fee free from any BancNet ATM I don't see a problem.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I don't see a problem.

My wife and tying up 100k, is my Problem Gary believe me :whistling: We are researching a new bank for her as Landbank have put a Block on Paying into her Salary Account from October and as she has other little businesses she needs a Branch to pay into so she needs a Bank with Access Personally But Thank you for the Posts:thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
addes some

Balisidar
Posted
Posted

In addition to the Philippine National Bank this is another one I've been looking at doing banking with when I move to the Philippines.  I don't think they have branches though at the places we're looking at living (Tagaytay, Lipa city or San Pablo).  PNB does.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Balisidar said:

In addition to the Philippine National Bank this is another one I've been looking at doing banking with when I move to the Philippines.  I don't think they have branches though at the places we're looking at living (Tagaytay, Lipa city or San Pablo).  PNB does.

Your nearest is probably Alabang.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Looking into an account with HSBC we are struggling with the requirements, being a 40 year + UK account holder doesn't count for anything. We don't have a title yet on our land or any utility bills in my name. But......in the land of who you know, not what you know. lola's cousin 's daughter is an assistant VP and works in the Quezon branch which is our nearest side of Manila.:whistling:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Looking into an account with HSBC we are struggling with the requirements, being a 40 year + UK account holder doesn't count for anything. We don't have a title yet on our land or any utility bills in my name. But......in the land of who you know, not what you know. lola's cousin 's daughter is an assistant VP and works in the Quezon branch which is our nearest side of Manila.:whistling:

I walked into the Makati branch armed vith a tourist ACR and a lease for a condo.  All they would accept was my passport plus my old UK address that was registered with my UK HSBC account. I thought it strange but who am I to complain? 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 8/13/2019 at 9:04 PM, Snowy79 said:

I have an HSBC account in the UK and also the Philippines.  I thoroughly recommend it.  I registered for an Advance account.  This gives you two accounts side by side.  A pound Sterling savings account and a Peso account.  You can Global link all accounts.

I get my Armed Forces pension paid into my UK account and I can transfer it instantly free of charge to my Philippines Sterling account.  I watch the exchange rate and when it's beneficial change it to Peso.  I lose maybe 1/2 Peso on the day exchange rate.  

I get two debit cards that allow me to draw up to 50k peso daily free of charge at most ATMs.

I'm envious. My Credit Union, NFCU only allows $600.00 per day withdrawal. :smile: