Parking and blocking main roads.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Are we, mainly retired or just well off People really in that much need or hurry to be anywhere now, what is another 20 mins travel time going to do to our lifestyle Compared with the  Life of the Vendors? :89:

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Here in sunny Puerto Galera the municipality has just been enforcing another well thought out directive from the powers that be to ensure the public highways remain obstruction free.  I think it is Nation wide with serious punishments for the local municipalities if it isn't implemented.

In short all roads must be kept completely clear for the passage of traffic.  The slight problem we are seeing is every road and side street has been classed as the National Highway.  The tricycles, motorcycles and the odd car that would park while you nip into a shop etc are now banned from stopping and enforcers are everywhere.  Even 10km out of town where I used to park on the side of the road when visiting a resort has been clamped down on.  There's a patch of waste ground about 10ft x 6ft which is now meant to hold jeepneys and motorcycles.  In Puerto Galera itself we have one parking space behind a local supermarket.

This must be seriously affecting all businesses but as those in charge have been told they will be punished if the rules aren't applied then they are strictly enforcing it.

Meanwhile smoking in bars, burning trash and prostitution which is also ilegal is ignored as the powers that be don't get punished.  You couldn't make it up.

Most of the National roads here in Cavite where I live have been widened to 4 lanes. Including the ongoing work on the bridges. When the work was starting to get completed most people used the extra right lane as an extra parking spot. My GF heard that they have 40 days left to get their junk or abandoned cars or structures out. If this is true I would like to see how they deal with the next conundrum on the National roads. 4 lane National roads that turn into 2 lane National roads very quickly. :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What about dry rice on the roads, mind you aircon  oaches just drive through at speed scattering it to the four winds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

This must be seriously affecting all businesses but as those in charge have been told they will be punished if the rules aren't applied then they are strictly enforcing it.

I seriously hear what you are saying.

In front of the Sibulan public market is a parking area.  It has always been a parking area until some VIP said it is on the National Highway so no parking is allowed.

There are no survey marks.  It is obvious to anyone with an eye that the parking area is back from the Highway right of way.  But no one argues with authority.  They can be assholes.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I seriously hear what you are saying.

In front of the Sibulan public market is a parking area.  It has always been a parking area until some VIP said it is on the National Highway so no parking is allowed.

There are no survey marks.  It is obvious to anyone with an eye that the parking area is back from the Highway right of way.  But no one argues with authority.  They can be assholes.

The crazy thing here and I've seen it a lot is a foreigner gave sympathy to the retailers, saying how poorly thought out this rule was and he was pretty much told if he doesn't like it go home. This from locals who are also suffering. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 8/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, Gary D said:

What about dry rice on the roads, mind you aircon  oaches just drive through at speed scattering it to the four winds.

Isn't that what the extra lanes were made for? I could be wrong for the second time this year!:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, scott h said:

This picture is of Roxas Blvd, Manila, the one that runs along the Bay past the US Embassy and the main road from Cavite into the BI at inturmuros. 

Before and after the latest street clearing mania. I know which one I prefer lolol

pinoytrendingaltervistaorg.jpg

If this is an example that will last for more than a year I'll eat my hat! As long as the hat is made out of chocolate!:dreams:

• Haha 2