Ask for advice ,then don’t bother taking it

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We are having a visitor very soon , Emma’s niece who works in Abu Dhabi and has been asking and planning what dates she could come here, Well after lots of different dates from her because of he works she has finely told us the dates.

My advice has been thrown  in the bin it seems, as a young lady who has never been to London she has decided to fly into London and stay a few days there then come to us in Derby and then is wanting us to take her to Scotland and other places for a week, then she will get to Birmingham for her flight back, my advice was to fly to Birmingham or Manchester I will pick her up and the Emma will take her to London for a few days  so she will feel a little safer and we then could travel to other places once back from London, everything would have been our treat.

Now it seems she is wanting to know how to get from the airport to London where to stay in London and how to get to and throw to us and so on, I know my saying is not helping the matter now by saying don’t involve me because it will end up with me being involved  I am sure it will be all sorted out in the long run but I am a little pissed off with her .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Likewise Steve,

It would appear that we are call upon only when they mess it up!

My wife's sister has changed the dates twice now, how can you possibly book a return flight from this end?

Every time we check prices the price seems to go up! then we start the phone calls all over again.

What stresses me is knowing it will thrown on my lap to sort it out,,,,,,,,, p....d off isn't a strong enough expression!

Good luck buddy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Go into hiding now Steve. 😎

It will all go wrong and you’re the one who will be blamed. 🇵🇭

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Go into hiding now Steve. 😎

It will all go wrong and you’re the one who will be blamed. 🇵🇭

Just spoken to the niece and I have the flight times and airports so I have told her what we are going to do and she seems happy , I talk to quick so she gets embarrassed she says , but when you listen to Emma and her niece there is no let up between each word or sentence , funny that.

Anyway looks like there is a trip to Heathrow on the 5th .

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

as a young lady who has never been to London she has decided to fly into London and stay a few days there then come to us in Derby

Its not like she has never been out of the Philippines so probably is now accustomed to new adventures. Maybe she wanted to check out the nightlife. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Its not like she has never been out of the Philippines so probably is now accustomed to new adventures. Maybe she wanted to check out the nightlife. 

Looking for a boyfriend too.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I have been to a lot of places around the world by myself. As a woman I would not go to London alone mate have you seen the assault rates for that shit hole.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have been to a lot of places around the world by myself. As a woman I would not go to London alone mate have you seen the assault rates for that shit hole.

Nope but at the same time how many people have no problems?  Same as here, we always hear the bad things but in prospective it is not as bad as it CAN seem. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Nope but at the same time how many people have no problems?  Same as here, we always hear the bad things but in prospective it is not as bad as it CAN seem. 

Maybe not for a man but a young woman on her first trip is asking for trouble IMHO.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Maybe not for a man but a young woman on her first trip is asking for trouble IMHO.

Fortunately, Steve is going to pick her up even though she is not following his advice.  I'm sure she knew he would.

11 hours ago, stevewool said:

looks like there is a trip to Heathrow on the 5th

When a female asks for advice, she really means "This is what I am going to do so all you have to do is help me accomplish that.  My mind is already made up."  Of course, females can change their mind on a whim, but it would not be due to advise from a male.  If ever it seems that way then dig deeper and you will find they checked with another female to confirm your advice before following it. :makeup_80_anim_gif::lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

EDIT:  This attitude on the part of females dates back to the first time that a male told a female how long 6 inches was.  Since then they assume we exaggerate on everything.  Even though we can deny that a million times they STILL think we exagerate things like the dangers of a young woman alone in London.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1