Car hire

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well we shall have a car this coming Wednesday , we have hired a car for a few days or longer depending on how I get on plus where we want to get too.

We are paying 1800 a day for a Mitsubishi G4 with GPS , so I have been watching everyone perform driving and I recon as long as you keep following the car in front I should be ok until I get use to the car , I just hope the car I am following is going where I am wanting to go too, anyway wish me luck.

graham59
Posted
Posted

Good luck Steve.  Don't forget... they drive on the wrong side of the road here ! (even when it is the 'right' side). 

Looking forward to the future posts on this.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Good luck Steve.  Don't forget... they drive on the wrong side of the road here ! (even when it is the 'right' side). 

Looking forward to the future posts on this.  :biggrin:

Emma has suggested we have a swear box on the dash board and it’s 20 pesos a swear word, some how I think she’s onto becoming a very rich lady after this trip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

Emma has suggested we have a swear box on the dash board and it’s 20 pesos a swear word, some how I think she’s onto becoming a very rich lady after this trip.

I think my wife would be the major contributor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well it is easier then I thought , very little swearing by myself and I just listened to your great advice and follow the flow and it was enjoyable, a little busy at times but just keep going and leave no gaps .

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

She is right and you are wrong. Remember that and you should have a happy life.:wave:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well we are back from our road trip to Bongabon from Marikina and it was enjoyable, no problems at all but we did managed to get behind a funeral procession which must have took us a good thirty minutes to get through , the amount of trikes on these roads was amazing plus lots of ladies riding these too, like I have said in my earlier post I just followed what everyone else was doing , no stopping at crossings no letting folk out unless I had stopped and so on, but I did managed to get to waves of thanks from other drivers/ riders , I am sure air con helped to keep me cool for driving and staying cool about driving too, and yes I will hire the car again and go to different places .

• Like 3