I can't cook

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

If you are nice to me, maybe next week I can tell you how to make a killer Mexican omelette?

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Hold on now, don't mess with my American-style omelette....

:cheers:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Hold on now, don't mess with my American-style omelette....

:cheers:

I can tell you how to make different versions of killer omelettes. There are many ways to do that...

Up to you...

Edited by Tommy T.
alter content

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

....21. Fold up the bottom (you have to decide which end seems less likely to leak) then one side and then the other, into a sort of roll...

Eat! Good luck, they almost always make a mess when we eat them because we always make them too big. But they taste great and we just mop up the dribs with our fingers anyway.

They go really great with beer or red wine.

Note: this is just my way of making Tex-Mex burritos and I know there are many other versions out there that are probably better than mine. So feel free to alter, criticize, amend, improve (highly possible!) what I posted here. Now, you realize that I have to kill you all!!!(kidding, kidding...)

Flour Tortillas.jpg

Wow thanks for the intel.  Guess we need to hit a more major grocery store like SM or Gaisano to find some of these things:867:

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I don't really cook Mexican or Tex-Mex the exception being Chile Con Carne. The spice mix I make myself is 1tsp cumin, 2tsp paprika, 1tsp dried thyme and chile powder to taste, if you don't do spicy you can leave that out. The other ingredients are half kilo of ground beef, white onion, garlic, tomato paste and around 300ml of beef stock. I use a full can of drained red kidney beans, added in the last 10 minutes so they don't disintegrate. Usually cook for 45 mins to 1 hour. It should not be too wet when serving. This makes enough for 4.

I have a friend here from Texas who rates it highly, which is fine praise indeed.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, virginprune said:

This makes enough for 4.

Sounds really tasty to me! Let me know next time you prepare that and I will be right over - I'll bring the San Migs...!

• Thanks 1